Ready to go

Olive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is Emma wearing her daddy's gear. She's pretty excited to be wearing this...if you can see her eyes.

IMG_1053.jpg
[/u]

OMG, what is this gear for?
It would frighten me as a kid, I think, much rather than excite me (unless I knew exactly what it is for, which I guess Emma does!?!?!?)

As adults, we can find the image disturbing given world events, but in the child's mind, this is daddy's work outfit and she is having a blast playing "dressup". I am enjoying her big brown eyes and those little cheeks are showing a smile underneath the gas mask. In a way, this image is flaunting her innocence. And I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

She is beautiful, Olive! :D I wish those reflections weren't on her face, but aside from that it's a nicely exposed image.

It's strange what we can find disturbing sometimes. I work as a co-facilitator for a domestic-violence shelter for childrens group. Last night, to honor the 3 year anniversary of Sept 11, we did some patriotic things. We started off by reading a childerns book outloud...it was called Fireboat, or something...it a childrens book about this fireboat calle the Harvey, I think...and it tells the story of the boat, which is very old....and goes on up to talk about how the boat helped out on Sept 11th...it explains the events and everything, fully illustrated. It shows the planes in the sky going towards the twin towers...shows the towers on fire...I almost started crying!!! And it's a childrens book!

Anyway...enough of me hijacking the thread...I like the pic, but would also like to know what the suit is for?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back