Real quick ?

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is a camera battery like a cell phone battery? meaning if it's got half a charge now and I take it out and plug it in so I can have a full charge for tomorrow will it F it' up? like will I only get a half a charge from here on out?
sorry if that's a dumb ?, you expect this from me at this point, no?
I just really dont' know and I'd hate to mess up my battery (spare is on the way in the mail from Japan or something)

actually no...it doesnt say one word about the memory,,,it does say to turn it off before removing battery, it also says not to use it ambient temps below 0 degrees C....it even tells me how to push it into the charger...but no where on pages 9 or 10 (where it covers the battery and charger) does it mention if it has memory...but thanks for finding the info for me! I really appreciate it! But RTFM wasn't the way to go in this case...lol

With Li-Ion batteries its actually bad for the battery to completely drain it every use. Its generally recomended to completely drain the battery every 20 charges or so. You can also not fully charge the battery and it won't damage it. So if you need a quick boost before going out you can put say 20% charge in and use it from there without causing damage.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back