Reallly Rubbish

JackSellers16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1000283edit.jpg
New to photography and i took this random image the other day, didn't adjust any settings or nothing and all i have done atm is cropped it. I personally think it isn't any good and my morale is seriously dropping but i havn't really had a dedicated photography day and compared to all you guys i feel rubbbissh so any c+c please would be much appreciated.
ada3ceb95eb240fe9597a0a580baa7a4

Last edited:
I don't see a photo. I'd help you out if I could see something.

I'm a month in and still not satisfied with anything I have taken so dont be discouraged. There is allot more involved in a quality photo than most newbies realise. Just keep practicing/reading and trying new things and you will see the improvement.

I don't really think this is a good way to introduce your photos.
Just show them! Don't be shy! ;)

haha yeaah sorry about that i've out it up now though so any c+c would be much appreciated and thanx for the tips einstein :)

New to photography and i took this random image the other day, didn't adjust any settings or nothing
Here's your problem right here.↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

You took a snap shot, you didn't 'make an image'. You didn't plan it, you didn't think about any alternate settings for the camera, you had no goal, mood, idea to convey, nada.

"Just a random image."

Photography involves a technical understanding of how your equipment works so you can use the camera settings and some artistic skills to make nice-to-look-at photographs.

Good photography reguires planning and forethought, not randomness. :thumbup:

Keep at it and keep learning.

Last edited:
This photo honestly doesn't thrill me however what I DO REALLY LIKE is the fact that the little tree isn't far from the big tree. They look similar while symbolizes to me that they are family, and really shows that the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. That is what really makes me like this photo.
This scene has A LOT of potential with the proper lighting and settings. Try it again!

Additional note after looking at the photo some more, make sure you include all branches from both trees, and eliminate the telephone pole. I suggest trying again on a day when the sun is out and providing good lighting.

Here you get the special Canosonic critique for ya!:

Composition: The tree doesn't fit in. Have a step back.
5/10
Exposure: Overexposured sky. Need a Grad or HDR here. Or maybe some simple P&P. 4/10
White balance: Well, it's OK.
9/10
Color: Not enough color. Black, green and white.
5/10
Technology error: None.
10/10
Morality: None (this is hard. Not all Pros can do this)
0/10
Overall: 8/10 (for the sake of a first shot!)

Cheers!

JMO

New to photography and i took this random image the other day, didn't adjust any settings or nothing

You took a snap shot, you didn't 'make an image'. You didn't plan it, you didn't think about any alternate settings for the camera, you had no goal, mood, idea to convey, nada.

"Just a random image."

Photography involves a technical understanding of how your equipment works so you can use the camera settings and artistic some skills to make nice-to-look-at photographs.

Good photography reguires planning and fore thought, not randomness. :thumbup:

+1

Put a minimum of effort into a not so random photo and maybe you'll see some progress. You did your own C&C just fine by the way :D

I may be mistaken, but I believe someone somewhere did a study that it takes a person 7 times hearing something before it sinks in.

"Just a random image."

Photography involves a technical understanding of how your equipment works so you can use the camera settings and artistic some skills to make nice-to-look-at photographs.

Good photography reguires planning and fore thought, not randomness. :thumbup:

+2

:biggrin:

Everyone takes crap shots from time to time.... some more than others. The trick is make use of the rubbish bin when needed. Look at the crap, learn from it and go back out to shot some more. Eventually it will click.

Understanding Exposure is a good book to get hold of.

Most reactions

Back