Really need some advice!!

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm buying a new camera! But i'm not too experienced with the Cannons, so i need some of your brilliant opinions :D

- Price is not an issue (in regards to my options)
- treating this as my first DSLR
- Will be shooting mostly landscapes and people
- I have two options (or if you want to recommend any other, please dont hesitate!)

At the moment i'm liking the
Cannon 550D or 450D

Any suggestions or reasons why i should buy one or the other? ;)

Last edited:
Since money is not an issue, I wouldn't bother with either of these amateur cameras. I would go with a EOS-1Ds Mark III. Just my thought.

Now if you would like between those two, I would say 100% the 550d (t2i)
You get HD Video capability, ISO 6400, 18megapixel, and the LCD is the same size, but the resolution is 3x more detailed. I think those are the major benefits over the 450d(XSI)

Since money is not an issue, I wouldn't bother with either of these amateur cameras. I would go with a EOS-1Ds Mark III. Just my thought.

Now if you would like between those two, I would say 100% the 550d (t2i)
You get HD Video capability, ISO 6400, 18megapixel, and the LCD is the same size, but the resolution is 3x more detailed. I think those are the major benefits over the 450d(XSI)

Thank you very much! :D

Other suggestions and opinions welcomed :)

5dII. With money as no issue I'd get a camera with great IQ but still has enough mp to handle some serious cropping if need be. Oh yeah, the high ISO rocks!
(edit: I may be a little bit biased. . .;))

If you get the Canon 550D (just 1, N, by the way) you'll have to be sure and get top-of-the-line glass for it.

Canon decided to cram 18 MP onto an APS-C size sensor which caused 2 issues:
  1. The pixels are small and
  2. They don't have enough space between them for micro-lenses (both not good).
A consequence is the image sensor will usually out resolve kit and medium level lenses.

But, you really should look here if you want to know which will give you the best image quality among the Canon cameras:

Compare cameras

If you want the best image quality in that price range look at this:

Compare Cameras

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back