Recall on the D40/D40x?

Craddosk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in looking at the D40/D40x at the Black's Photography Store (in West Edmonton Mall), and when asked about seeing the camera, they did not have any in stock.

The girl then mentioned that the D40 had been recalled. She did not know any specifics or details about it, just that the Nikon D40 had been recalled.

What have you guys heard?

I have not heard of a recall on either the D40 nor the D40x, and there is no mention of that on the Nikon website. That girl doesn't know what she's talking about.

I see nothing about a recall anywhere. Perhaps the D40(x) is being discontinued and removed from the shelves to make way for the D60 coming out next month ala Apple?

Although Nikon has made no statement a look around the internet shows that shelves are starting to run dry of D40(x)'s in quite a few places. Definitely looks like its being discontinued.

I work in a camera shop and Nikon UK have not mentioned any recall. The New D60 is due out soon to replace the D40 series so the chances are Nikon have just sold out of the 40's

Most reactions

Back