Recent Engagement Shoot

OLaA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did this engagement shoot as a going away present for some friends. They're moving to Alaska at the end of the month, and seemed like a great thing to do. Overall I'm content with the results. I don't usually do engagement shoots or natural light for that matter. The day of while packing I realized I had lost my reflector. I used a speedlight that I keep in my bag and the bounce card for a few shots. Still really would have preferred the reflector for a nice big soft light.

I may consider doing more engagements in the future, but before I do I really need to work on building a list of locations and poses. For this shoot I just had them show me what their ideal style and favorite online photos were (some a bit cliche) and built off of that. I don't want to say that I'm disappointed with the shoot, but I just know if I had been more prepared it could have been a lot better. At the end of the day my friends were really happy with the results and I guess that is all that matters.

Not really looking for C&C on these but if anyone is inclined it is more than welcome. Just thought I'd share.

1. $IMG_3274-Edit.jpg

2. $IMG_3313.jpg

3. $IMG_3316.jpg

4. $IMG_3321.jpg

5. $IMG_3323.jpg

6. $IMG_3330.jpg

$IMG_3334.jpg

7. $IMG_3335.jpg

Edit: Not sure how to remove "attached thumbnails" from the bottom.

Attachments

• $IMG_3274-Edit.jpg
    $IMG_3274-Edit.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 96
I've never been able to remove one of those doggone "attached thumbnails" either...

Anyway, yeah, nice light there in California this time of year. Beautiful light. Good-looking guy, beautiful woman, young and in love.Pretty location. GREAT time of the day! Hard to go too far wrong. You did alright, especially since you left the reflector you'd probably been planning on using. Pretty good 'recovery'! You used everything pretty much to advantage it looks like.

Much appreciated Derrel! That attachment thing is weird.

It came out okay for what it was. Definitely optimal conditions. A learning experience though. I'm currently looking for a nice size duffle for an "on the go" kit. That way I'm sure everything is where it needs to be when the time comes.

I also enjoyed 3, 6 and 7! Great work under the circumstances

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back