Recent product pics

Not bad, my only concern, if you can call it that, is that portions of 2 and 3 are OOF. From an artistic perspective this is probably not a bad thing, but from a marketing perspective, I would think this is not something you want to happen. I would think that if you are trying to sell something on the web, you want it to be sharp so that people can see exactly what it is that they are buying. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

On the product page they should be more in focus, like Western said, but these (especially 2) would look fine on a home page.

Thanks, so you think higher fstop to decrase dof? Any other way to accomplish that?
If anything, you want to increase the depth of field, so that all of the jewellery, such as those in #2 are in focus. You want to go to a smaller opening - larger f-stop - to do this. If you let us know what your setup is, then we can be more specific about what to try - what are you using now?

I am using a d3000 w a kit lense, I was @ 1/125 and I think f/13...tripod, remote, flashpoint strobe on right, neewer tt560 on left, both soft boxed, tt560 triggered by cactus v5, strobe optically by flash. Background is literally white posterboard curved up.Frequency, thanks! I know...my wife said black background next time...any other colors you think would look good for jewelry like this? Also, taking prop ideas lol....Thanks everyone!C-

Focus stacking would help get the full depth of field that jewelry shots like these look best with...so, you'd need some software and some practice. Some nice-looking stuff she makes.

I will tell her, thanks!Also, I think that focus stacking is something I will try I will read up on it this weekend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back