Recommendation for Nikon 1 V1 replacement

PHum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,

my partners birthday is coming up, and I'm considering gifting her a new camera. For roughly 10 years she is carrying around a Nikon 1V1 she got as a gift, so it has seen rough times. By now it has a broken screen, and other issues, so she is looking for a new one.

She doesn't do much photography in general, just for the occasional trip pictures, and doesn't know anything about cameras either, so a 1000€ camera is beyond what she would want.
Now I'm a PC guy, and know next to nothing about cameras besides the Megapixel count, so I'm a little stuck looking at cameras from any price range from 100~2000€ without a clue what would make sense.

So I'd like to ask you lovely people here, what recommendations you could give for a replacement for a Nikon 1V1 for a beginner/casual user in a lower price range 100~400€?

(And before anyone asks, I'm aware that with her requirements a smartphone would basically do the same, but hey, she likes to hold a camera. And I don't want to give her total trash :D )

Any kind of help is appreciated!

Most reactions

Back