Recording an album C&C

tmyprod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at my buddy's studio when my friends from the band Midstokke came by to record the bass tracks for their upcoming album.

Here are a few of the shots.

1_DSC6749.jpg

1_DSC6782.jpg

1_DSC6787re-edit.jpg

1_DSC6832.jpg

1_DSC6927.jpg

Harsh/honest C&C is encouraged.

Last edited:
It's fixed now. apparently, the photo forum dosent make it terribly easy to use photos hosted on the site.

aha
they suddenly appeared :)
i like the color and look of them but maybe you got to spend a lot more time hanging out with these guys and getting choice candids.

some candids shot from the hip could be good. they need to lose interest in the fact you have a camera..there's a self conscious edge to the lounge situation that needs to evaporate.

I've spent quite a bit of time with these guys, and here I was really just trying to stay out of the way. The guys are consumate pros, when they're working, they're working.

It was a really awkward space to shoot in. There were some big-ass mirrors on the opposite wall and about four lights pointing in random directions.

oh ok. i read the situation wrong then. i appreciate what you're saying about the mirrors. how do you feel about making more b&ws? that could be good.

I love the colors so much, the black and whites just lose that "pop"

Love Love Love #3 and #5.

I love the angle that you got on three and the black and white composition is great in 5! :thumbup:

I really enjoy number 3. I feel like I want a little more light on his face but as a whole I really like it.

As I said in the first post, they were only recording the bass tracks. So, only the bassist needed his instrument.

Forgot to mention, #5 is the recording engineer.

#3 is pretty cool. I like the angle.

#5 is awesome!

#2, I found myself wondering how it would look less centered a little more space toward the direction the subject was looking. Maybe zoom out a little bit. But, I think you said the room was a challenge, so maybe that wasn't possible.

Most reactions

Back