Recording an album C&C

I have another shot like #2 where he's centered better, but his expression dosen't work as well in it. The room was quite a challenge, as you can tell I had the iso bumped up pretty high, but I had to keep the shutter around 1/45 to keep the subjets sharp. I've got a few too many shots at about 1/10-1/15 where the room and background is nice and clear but the subjet is just a blur, and I didn't want to ask him in the middle of a take if he could hold still. I'll post a few more shots of the room in a bit.

Here's a few more to show the room a bit more.

DSC6803.jpg

DSC6888.jpg

the audio engineer from #5
1_DSC6847.jpg

I'm new to photography. Most of my questions are dumb.

Now that is out of the way, What kind of lens is used in picture three and is it a wide angle? Thanks for the time.

I'm new to photography. Most of my questions are dumb.

Now that is out of the way, What kind of lens is used in picture three and is it a wide angle? Thanks for the time.

It's an 18-55 at 18mm (according to exif). Which is considered wide, but for most DSLR's that are not the full-frame type, you would consider 10-17 ultra wide.

You can get an exif viewer here for free (if you have a compatible browser):
Exif viewer : Opanda IExif - Professional EXIF / GPS / IPTC Viewer & Editor in Windows, IE & Firefox
That would allow you to view photo details by right clicking and choosing the exif viewer. Since you said your new, if all this is confusing, I would suggest starting a new thread and opening a discussion with the questions you have related to this.

That night was probably the most I've used my 18-55 kit lens. My usual go to lens (tamron 28-135mm 4-4.5) just wasn't cutting it. The tamron is a FF lens, so I lose quite of its field of view on my d5000, the 18-55 is a little faster on the wide end and I needed all the light I could get.

My next lens will probably be a prime in the 12-20mm range.

Most reactions

Back