Recovering D600 deleted files from SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've tried a handful of free download programs to recover some photos I took today that were accidentally deleted. Many were found that I took earlier today, but not the ones this evening! It like cuts off for some reason. Any ideas? I'm willing to pay for a program if I know it is definitely going to recover what I need.

The more you access the SD card without knowing what you're doing, the less of a chance you have of recovering all of your files.

You should completely know what you're doing before you touch the SD card. Using random programs that might not be great at recovering the files will just end up reducing your chances of file recovery.

Unfortunately I'm not of help past that warning.

How big is the card, gig-wise. And is your computer and/or card reader new enough to read that size of card?

Its a 16 gig card, and I have no idea.

14gb that is. Maybe close to 15.

Did take any pictures after you erased them? If you did the new pictures may have overwritten the old ones.

I can try my purchased software on my husband's tomorrow maybe, but I took a lot of photos immediately afterwards.. So I'm thinking lost cause. I've actually already scheduled a re shoot.

This data recovery guide helped me recover 300+ photos from the SD card of my D600 several weeks ago:
Data Recovery User Guide ? How to Recover Deleted Files Easily from Various Storage Media

The software introduced in the guide is a paid one, but it's free to try. The trial will scan your SD card and let you preview the found photos, but if you want to recover the found ones, you have to pay. So scan your SD card and see the results before the payment.

Good luck.

You can have a look on this link to recover deleted files:

Last edited by a moderator:
And the spamming has begun.............

my problem was recovering the raw files.
i was able to see several jpegs, some from a few shoot and formats ago, so not sure how the software works, but i tried a few and none worked well for recovery of raw files. .nef to be specific. this was last year i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back