Red Admiral

mannytkd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.karls-photography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first 'real' attempt at a mono conversion from the Sony nex-6 and using the updated adobe raw 10....
OK so first of I would normally would use 3Rd party like the Nik silver but now that I've used adobe instead I may now stick with that. For a start your working with a raw file and I believe you gain better tonal range and get less noise giving a much smoother and cleaner image. DSC00042-mono.jpg

For me, the real issue with this image is that you converted to a gray image. I never work in gray and always leave it as a RGB image. SEP2 will not work if you are in gray mode. Since you do not allow editing, I cannot show you what you can do to improve the mid range tones in this image.

For a first attempt, I think the image is pretty good ... but ... (the big but), it lacks contrast. There may be a 'white' in the clouds, but nowhere else. The image is a bit on the muddy side. Adding some contrast will give it some punch ... but you'll lose some detail. Photography is a compromise.

Thnx for the feed back. It wasn't done a 'simple' grey scale. I am trying to get to grips with a new camera!
What believe would is a vignette to separate the main feature?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back