jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today is overcast and cold, with dropping temps, and we are under a Winter weather advisory. I changed up the birdseed mix a bit, and now have little suet balls mixed in. The Red-bellied Woodpecker got one of them. Probably going to need to replace the feeder soon, because the easy-feed ports are worn, and they are dumping a lot of food on the ground now. Not a huge problem, because the Juncos, Doves, and Finches are having a feast, but it attracts the wrong kind of rodents as well. Doesn't help that it's windy and swinging the feeder.

Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary, f/8 1/1000 ISO 2500 @600mm
jan29202301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice and crisp Jeff!
Thank you! I thought it would be too dark, because we have heavy overcast skies today, but I was able to fiddle with the sliders in Lightroom without overdoing it. He appears to be one happy bird with his find.

Such a great moment captured here. I think the overcast skies help with color, frankly. That head looks terrific. Nice and crisp, too, as Cheryl said.

I like messing with the feeders, too, and trying to anticipate their needs. Our local temps are fixing to plummet and they get a little frenetic out there. :lol: I'll be stuffing the feeders all week!

Ooh! Beautiful! :)

The sharpness here is impressive. Jeff this is outstanding. Steady hand, must come from all that time in the KGB :D

Such a great moment captured here. I think the overcast skies help with color, frankly. That head looks terrific. Nice and crisp, too, as Cheryl said.

I like messing with the feeders, too, and trying to anticipate their needs. Our local temps are fixing to plummet and they get a little frenetic out there. :lol: I'll be stuffing the feeders all week!
Thanks! The birds will be hitting it hard today. We've dropped to upper 20's, so they'll need the energy to keep warm.
Ooh! Beautiful! :)
Thank you!
The sharpness here is impressive. Jeff this is outstanding. Steady hand, must come from all that time in the KGB :D
Thanks! 😅

Really nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back