Red Fox, a bit mangy....

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After finally finding some Snowy Owls to photograph a few weeks ago, my next goal was to find some foxes. My Dad had actually mentioned to me that he had seen a fox on the edge of this field on his way to work, and I keep seeing a Hawk perched here, so I spent some time decked out in full camo on the edge of the field for a few hours yesterday.

I did see the hawk, briefly, but after it flew off I looked over and this fox was maybe 30 feet away heading right at me. Once it heard my camera shutter it stopped, but didn't seem at all bothered by me and continued to hang out (although a bit further away). You can notice a cut above it's left eye, not sure what happened but this is right outside a bigger town and directly next to a busy road. I hope this thing stays safe! I'd love to photograph some fox pups in the spring.

Fox.jpg fox2.jpg

Nice shots. It does look injured, hope it survives.

I did watch it playing around and trying to catch mice in this field for a while, didn't seem any worse for the wear, though it doesn't look great.

It's so cool when you can get them out in the wild. I wouldn't worry too much about that injury, doesn't look that serious! These little things heal pretty quickly, cool shots! :)

Both are great, but I love the second one the best!

nice shots. I like the second one best

Most reactions

Back