Red Panda Posing Like A Rock Star...

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This yearling red panda (Chattanooga TN Zoo) thought it was a rock star or something the way it was working for the camera.

rock.jpg

rock2.jpg

rock3.jpg

I love these things. Last time in the Vienna Imperial zoo they just ran in circles stopping every so often to scratch their buts on a tree. :)

The ones at the Toronto Zoo (and several other zoos I've visited) take great delight in hiding from the cameras (or maybe it's just me??) So be happy this one played 'rock star' for you!

I especially like the first shot, where it looks like it's smiling for the camera. :thumbup:

What a cutie, I love that first shot!

Don't you just wanna sqeez them lol!

Adorable. :lol:

Great shots! The red pandas at the Philadelphia zoo and the one they had at the Cape May NJ zoo liked to hide in logs and I never could get more than a tail or paw in a photo.

Looks like a happy-go-lucky panda! Like your angle in #3 - were you in the pen with him?

Looks like a happy-go-lucky panda! Like your angle in #3 - were you in the pen with him?

No, I was directly over him on a walkway. Like many zoo animals, these guys respond when you rattle your keys, since their keepers go through locked doors.

They associate the rattling of keys with food, which makes them VERY attentive.

I have one more shot that I meant to post, I will put it on later.

Ok, here's one more shot. The ear is blown out, it was a really tough sun field... I had to expose for the face and shoot my SB-600 on full boogie on manual mode to fill it in enough to see.

rock4.jpg

I just wanna grab er, and squeeze er so tight, and give her a kiss on
that cotton soft head. Maybe one on the nose too.

I have to get to the zoo. I love these shots. Thanks.

Very nice shots.

Good info about the keys. Have to take a couple extra keys so they jingle next time I go to zoo :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back