Reflectors

nkmaurer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know this is a loaded question but help would be appreciated.....

I am looking for a reflector because I want to get more contrast and depth in my faces, or however you want to say it. My 2 light set-up right now, my faces just seem kinda flat and blah... also, I am trying to move to shooting without flash outdoors and would need a reflector for this.

My question is.......what size reflector should I look for, and what are the best prices to get a nice reflector?? Also, I won't have help so I either would need a stand or one that can set up on its own.

Just trying to get an idea on what everyone is using and the best place to get one from

Thanks!

litedisc is a very popular reflector. They make all kinds of sizes and colours...
You can always just clip one to a lightstand.

I want to get more contrast and depth in my faces, or however you want to say it. My 2 light set-up right now, my faces just seem kinda flat and blah...
Your lighting ratios determine that. What is your placement normally? do you just have a key and fill both at 45 degrees to the subject? Kickers? background lights? hair lights? Do you even know what key, fill, and kickers even mean?

also, I am trying to move to shooting without flash outdoors and would need a reflector for this.
Scrims and the location determine that too, not just reflectors.

I just have a key(softbox) and fill (umbrella) both at 45 degrees to the subject. I am having issues with my white backdrop that tends to look gray or kinda spotty.

Here are some pictures and I tried to describe my set-up
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110841
without even looking at the pictures, i can tell you right now that you'll never be able to drop out the background without one of your lights act as a background light. move the umbrella behind the subject, pointing at the wall behind them, and you'll notice the background get brighter.

Do yourself a favor and buy a book at barns and noble about lighting, it will help IMMENSELY.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back