Remote Flash Triggers/Flash Suggestions: Nikon

It's obviously not as slick as the pro controller, but it's not terrible to use either.
Anything is better than having to make adjustments on the flash itself once it is inside of a modifier or positioned 7' in the air! I would still go with the Pro controller if I was paying for it (I did), but you can't argue with free.

So apparently Adorama told me I’m not allowed to order with them anymore.

This is all because they made a fraudulent charge to my card back on February 1 without my authorization and when I complained about it, they flagged my account as “high risk”

Their words were “you’re just going to have to shop with another merchant”

I only just found this out when i called to check the status of my flash order. I received no email to indicate there was a problem

Last edited:
wtf, that's crazy.

What’s your opinion on the Yongnuo YN560 IV/ trigger package for $185

(2) YN560IV’s and a YN560TX transmitter

I own this exact set. It replaced my broken SB-600 that I used with the Nikon Commander system. The YN560IV's have worked great with the transmitter. I like making the power level adjustments from the transmitter and having the receives built into the flash heads. I also have the JCC FB-1 (II) packs that holds 8 AA's and plugs into the YN560IV (comes with a holder that can be velcro'ed to the stand).
These days I would consider the Godox as they can also mix in strobes and also get the HSS back that I had with the Nikon SB-600. But, the YN kit works fine and is simple to set up and operate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back