Removing lens flare in a face

mstandefer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Even if I can tone this down, the amount of sun light in my subject's face, that would be AWESOME!

Feel free to edit or tell me, either is fine!

Thanks

Attachments

• Teresa-1.jpg
    Teresa-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
Clone the other eye area, flip it horizontal and paste it over the eye covered by the flare and touch up as needed.
The flare would have been visible in the viewfinder of a DSLR camera or on the screen of a cell phone.

Lens flare is something to guard against and be watching for when shooting people that are backlit, and the Sun is close to the edge of, or in the scene.

Removing the UV filter on the end of your lens will help prevent this again.

Sorry, flare is something that you have to address and prevent when you shoot, not afterwards.

At the simple level, darkening the flare will make the faces darker. Lightening the faces will make the flare lighter. You loose both ways.
That will require some decent editing skills to address just the flare itself.

Photoshop.

Joe

lens_flare.jpg

Sorry, flare is something that you have to address and prevent when you shoot, not afterwards.

this one wasnt too hard, but the UV on the lens was the culprit here -- it should be tossed in the trash.

Teresa-1-Edit.jpg

At the simple level, darkening the flare will make the faces darker. Lightening the faces will make the flare lighter. You loose both ways.
That will require some decent editing skills to address just the flare itself.

I agree. It's a problem I need to avoid when shooting. Thanks!

Photoshop.

Joe

OK, I gotta learn how you did it, please.
I'm just starting to learn PS.

Identify what the flare does and then undo that. The image is still there visible behind the flare. The flare lightens the image, lowers contrast and changes color -- reverse those effects.

Why are you learning Photoshop?

Joe

Photoshop.

Joe

Identify what the flare does and then undo that. The image is still there visible behind the flare. The flare lightens the image, lowers contrast and changes color -- reverse those effects.

Joe

I'm upgrading from Elements.
There are stuff that I can't do in Elements that I have to go to PS to do.

Photoshop.

Joe

Joe

I'm upgrading from Elements.
There are stuff that I can't do in Elements that I have to go to PS to do.

Lightroom?

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back