Neat lizard!
Shot 1 - interesting idea, but I wish there was a bit more of the far left side so that we can see that reflection more clearly. At the moment its more of a distration than a part of the overall shot (esp as th eye of the lizard is looking at the viewer and not toward the reflection.
yea..... i was going to edit out the reflection but decided just to keep it in for now and see what you guys thought. Also, the i agree the reflection would have been cool if the whole thing was there, but the angle and tank size and so on.... it just wasn't there. I guess if i went to the other side of the tank and shot the picture from the other side i may have gotten the full thing in but that would have required moving the whole tank setup and so on and i don't think my friend would have appreciated that just for a picture lol. To be honest i didn't expect the first one t turn out as good as it did considering the fact the lens was pressed up against the glass and stuff and it was more of a 'snapshot' than a 'serious shot'.... i just like the water on the lizard's face and just how it turned out which is why i posted it.
~
Shot 2 - I don't really like this one; I guess its because the angle and action on the shot make the skink look overly large for its small legs (is not a skink owner so fully accepts that its probably perfectly normal skink proportions) but also he has a rising lump (his shoulder?) on the other side of his body that just look odd. Probabaly me just being overly fussy.
Haha, yea..... it is the skink's body. They remind me of a snake with added random tiny legs. The proportions of the body DO look off and make them look obese.. haha However (so i'm told) that's just their body type/build. Also yes, that the shoulder on the other side....
Here's another picture that gives you a better idea of the body.... not that it's really important but....yaa
Obviously this picture isn't anything to write home about i just added it for the sole purpose of giving you the idea of the body shape...ha
Also about the second picture, i don't like the fact that my knee/leg is in the picture. I don't know when do others agree that it's a bit distracting or is it just me? If he was perhaps climbing over something different like a rock or a book or something or a different part of my leg... or if i shot it so my knee wasn't the first thing that you saw it may have been better.... I don't know maybe it's just me being self conscious lol I just liked the angle and position of the lizard climbing over something....
~
Shot 3 - This one confused me for a while at first because you appear to have a good depth of field going from around his nose to quite far back, so his eye should have clearly been in focus - and yet compared to the scales around it appears soft. Looking at the angle of the eye I am guessing that he might have moved his gaze by a tiny amount whilst holding mostly still otherwise and thus motion blur softened the eye a tiny bit. A contrast/sharpening boost to that area might well help to counter this.
Thanks for the input. The background looked a bit off to me but overall i liked it. I lighted this one a little bit in Lightroom which may or may not have been the cause of the supposed blurry eye. I will definitely try sharpening the eye are a bit. Oh and yea the eye is a bit weird but i kind of liked it haha
Thanks.