Reshoot C&C

MrsLittle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Incirlik Air Base, Adana Turkey (thank you Air For
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I tried to work on some of the issues I was having before with my exposure. This photo was shot in the open shade using AF-S mode. I think I improved on my sharpness quite a bit and the edit was completely intentional with the yellow tones. What do y'all think?

DSC_4704_edited-6 by Lily Belle Photos, on Flickr

Not too bad for a family snapshot - looks pretty good to me - the only comment I would have is that the background is a little distracting, particularly that brown vertical "thing" on the right.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Unfortunately, she is in the shadow he casts. The right side of his face is blown out and she is under exposed. Essentially, that was a poor location/set up choice.

Had the framing been vertical much of the the distracting, strong vertical background elements would have been eliminated without the need to crop. Also the horizontal framing makes them smaller in the image frame (reduced subject scale) making it difficult to judge focus sharpness from the small 900 px or so photo on your Flickr.

Shoulders square to the camera makes for a less than dynamic pose.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, she is in the shadow he casts. The right side of his face is blown out and she is under exposed. Essentially, that was a poor location/set up choice.

Has the framing been vertical much of the the distracting, strong vertical background elements would have been eliminated without the need to crop. Also the horizontal framing makes them smaller in the image frame (reduced subject scale) making it difficult to judge focus sharpness from the small 900 px or so photo on your Flickr.

Shoulders square to the camera makes for a less than dynamic pose.

Well KmH, since you made each point I was going to make, I'll just say "ditto."

Nice work, OP. With some adjustments to location and posing, you'd have a framer here for sure.

very nice...how happy the family is

Agree completely with the other comments - you could reprocess to deal with some of the lighting issues and crop to remove distracting elements - no reason for this not to be a square image.

Most reactions

Back