Resizing Dimensions for Photo

wmc1117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I uploaded some pictures from my camera and I really want to make one of them my background but I do not know how to shrink down the dimensions on the photo? Does anyone have any idea on what is the best way to get the picture to fit perfectly for a desktop wallpaper?

What image editing software do you have? Most image software has a resize function.

You may need to crop the image as well, because it's unlikely that the camera's image ratio matches that of your screen.

Do you have some kind of photo editing software? Photoshop, Elements, GIMP, even Picasa? It might be a bit different depending on the one you have, but it should be pretty trivial to figure out. It's usually a resize option in a menu.

You can even upload the full version to Photobucket (if you don't have proper editing software) and then from the Edit menu on Photobucket, resize the image to anything you like. From there you can download it again.

I would just download Gimp if you don't have something else to use. It's free, but somewhat cumbersome to use. There's also Picasa... I don't use it, but I'm sure it has a resize function. It's also free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back