retro camera lmages

Well Terri hates my pics of flowers in trash so I have to keep her in material to think about.

I actually love this camera now that I have it worked out. That f90 aperture makes a huge difference. Im not so sure the focus does at that small an aperture but what the heck I have it might as well use it.

How did your view cam build go? When you get tired of messin with it all, Ill send you the download site to build one from a polaroid packfilm model.

mysteryscribe said:
this is from a camera I built just to shoot still life close up. Polaroid 250 frame with a kodak anastigmat f11 zone focus front glass lens in a cheap shutter.

testerooo8du.jpg
I love this one! :)

Now this is something interesting I think....

I set this shot and forgot to light the candle so I lit it at 2min into a four minute exposure.... then I reshot it lit the whole time. I was curious.
donutdinner17at.jpg

donutdinner7dp.jpg

Not a lot of difference... i could clone out the light trail if I wanted to use it. And yes terri i know I got the composition wrong by two inches

The view camera is sitting next to me--or at least, the parts for the front and rear standards. Still gotta put it together, plus the lensboard, ground-glass holder, film back(s), rail and rail mount, and bellows. Not really a lot of work, except for the film backs and/or ground-glass holder. Just a matter of getting it done.

Re: the phot where you lit it two minutes in... I like the trail, and how it goes straight to the candle flame. It catches my eye, and makes me wonder, til I figured it out. I'd keep it--but then it'd be my photo, and not yours.

And yes terri i know I got the composition wrong by two inches
Why, yes. Yes, you did. :whip: I suppose you think you can get away with this type of thing, just because you can rip into these old cameras and patch together a new one that takes great retro-looking shots.

Well, ya can't! :p

:lol:

But.... But..... I already ate the donut before I figured it out....

Two comments I would like to make looking back on the last couple of shots. The white rose that you like terri... I just noticed how 1940 ish that looks. I half expect to see Joan Crawford come walking by.

The screwed up composition is less noticeable in the fancy tint copy, but it really slaps even me in the face in the black and white shots. Mia coppa

So I can't be held responsible! :wink:

Here's my interpretation of one....

Attachments

• $testerooo8du_edit.jpg
    $testerooo8du_edit.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 248

Most reactions

New Topics

Back