What's new

Retrospective

It's a window with a reflection... It doesn't do much for me.

Jake
 
Ah, they are two different pictures. Didn't notice that at first. I prefer the first one. I like the geometry. Are those actually reflections or are they shopped in? They look less like reflections and more like paintings.
 
Ah, they are two different pictures. Didn't notice that at first. I prefer the first one. I like the geometry. Are those actually reflections or are they shopped in? They look less like reflections and more like paintings.

Shopped in? perish the thought! I might have started dabbling with digital of late, but give me some credit, please! :)

The light was very kind and the window had some sort of coating on it - for privacy or to keep the sun out perhaps - which helped with how the reflections came out (like paintings); but also I think the glass is very old and uneven in these windows, which may add to the overall character of the images.

I'm not sure which I prefer, but the the small arches in the clock tower are a nice extra detail in the first.
 
The second shot is much stronger; the reflection of the building and the clock across the street is MUCH better in the second shot. Nicely done!
 
I must say, I would have been shocked if they were added in post :) But the coating and the old, uneven glass can definitely distort the reflections and make them look more like paintings. It's a really interesting contrast with the sharpness of both the focus and the angles of the building around the windows.

I'm definitely leaning towards the first one. I like that each pane has something different to look at and contribute, and you get different angles and shapes in each one.
 
The second shot is much stronger; the reflection of the building and the clock across the street is MUCH better in the second shot. Nicely done!

Thanks, Derrel. I'm still not sure which I like more, but the second one holds my eye for a moment longer.
 
I must say, I would have been shocked if they were added in post :) But the coating and the old, uneven glass can definitely distort the reflections and make them look more like paintings. It's a really interesting contrast with the sharpness of both the focus and the angles of the building around the windows.

I'm definitely leaning towards the first one. I like that each pane has something different to look at and contribute, and you get different angles and shapes in each one.

This is why I'm so undecided!!

What the heck, I've printed both :)
 
I must say, I would have been shocked if they were added in post :) But the coating and the old, uneven glass can definitely distort the reflections and make them look more like paintings. It's a really interesting contrast with the sharpness of both the focus and the angles of the building around the windows.

I'm definitely leaning towards the first one. I like that each pane has something different to look at and contribute, and you get different angles and shapes in each one.

This is why I'm so undecided!!

What the heck, I've printed both :)

Always the right answer ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom