Review websites

ziggy84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

So whenever I try to do some research on Nikon products, kenrockwell.com always comes up. Is this a legit site to get my info from?

ziggy84 said:
Hi everyone,

So whenever I try to do some research on Nikon products, kenrockwell.com always comes up. Is this a legit site to get my info from?

No. Not really, IMO.

ziggy84 said:
Hi everyone,

No. Not really, IMO.

Do you think he's too bias?

What website do you usually get your research from? Somewhere that isn't going to blow smoke up your a**; a site that tells you like it is.

I've also came across dpreview.com as well...

ziggy84 said:

What website do you usually get your research from? Somewhere that isn't going to blow smoke up your a**; a site that tells you like it is.

I usually go to dpreview.

ziggy84 said:

I usually go to dpreview.

Cool thanks Tyler

review sites are just that....a review. someone giving their "opinion" on something. so take it for what its worth.
some sites are more focused on technical aspects, and are just regurgitating camera or lens specs on various models, some are more focused on the actual functionality and how they "feel" or "look". sometimes you can get side by side comparisons of pictures taken so you can see the results.

no review site takes the place of actually going to a store than has what you are looking to buy and actually getting to use it.
I love sites that give me all the technical data i want to compare with, and then I find a store that has one and go try it out.

Ken Rockwell can only be trusted for the specs (for the most part) and the actual images of the gear. He's a great resource to see what old legacy lenses look like when you're trying to identify the exact version of a specific lens.

For unbiased reviews, I almost always use Photozone.de (FX lenses and DX lenses) – it's mostly testing. And for user reviews, I use Fred Miranda and SLRgear.com.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back