What's new

Rework or Bin? - Marvellous Bridges

D7K

This is the right time..
Joined
May 25, 2014
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
793
Location
Europe
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if I have the romantic memories and peace of the place that is making this such a had edit, or if it's simply just a shot I did get.. Happily I have many others (And bracketed with that light!) from this morning, but just looking for input..

What would you do?

Wonderful_Bridges_Low_Fall.webp
 
I like the light hitting the leaves below. I like the tree branch that arches and you can see a bit of sky and evergreens in the distance. I think it's a long stretch from one to the other, enough for more than one picture; the bottom looks somewhat distorted and the stones not quite sharp.

As much as I'd hate to lose the light along the bottom I'd think about cropping it to try for better proportion in the image, maybe just above the stones. Then a bit of a crop maybe along the left side where there's not much seen in the darkness of the shadow, just to re-balance the composition. I'd probably make copies and try various crops and see what works.
 
  • Like
Reactions: D7K
Nice detailed shot maybe crop a little off the bottom................
 
  • Like
Reactions: D7K
I've seen may pictures in Nat Geo where only the subject and certain other things were in good light but many other parts were left in the dark shadows and I like that. I think the contrast gives the important things more pop. This is all to say I think the picture is fine, imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: D7K
Thanks guys,

Tried the B&W but felt it lost more than it gained, maybe I'll un through a few of the other shots and I may have some a little better and maybe also try some blending of the bracketed shots to even it out, I do like the contrast of the dark / light but maybe it's a bit harsh here..

Appreciated
 
Rework, I like it and I do think you have something here. I like the structure and the light is pretty nice. I'd have liked to have seen the rhs of the foreground rock, I'd try and raise the shadows on the lhs as it's a bit too contrasty in that area, burn the light grey patches showing through the trees on the left. I'd consider cropping out the bottom 1/3rd of the shot, I understand why you've included it but I'm not sure it adds too much and it may draw a little too much attention.
 
Keep until it no longer brings back memorys or you look at the image and and think why did I take that
I have pics that are technically cr..a...p but they being back memory’s of things that can no longer be done
 
In my experience, direct sunlight on a waterfall is almost always a deal breaker. That aside, the scene is too busy imo. Maybe if you got rid of the leaves bottom left and cropped in quite a bit? Still I think the direct sunlight makes the foliage too contrasty and busy looking to show off what looks to be a very beautiful spot.

But as a personal photo of a nice getaway, if it brings back romantic memories - it’s a winner.
 
Last edited:
I would like to see just a bit more detail in the water in the lower left-hand corner and perhaps just a very slight darkening of the leaves. GOOD overall though. Thelight is tricky yes ,but I think you made a good enough exposure that with very careful selective adjustments you could improve this picture a bit.
 
Greens are a bit over the top for me... And the left side from the fall - it feel like an undefined void there.. With a hint of geometrical distortion..

The more I look, the more palatable is the "perceived" dis-balance of the composition. "Perceived" since I cannot explain what puts me in unease. I'm not an expert on composition so cannot explain it in any better way besides sharing what I feel to the best of my ability. Also I'm confused what is the focal centre here -- the leaves, the fall or the tunnel.. or the reflection in the water?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom