Reworked HDR for CC

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a thread a while back and theme was junk yard. I took two of my favorites and reworked them a little. Hoping that perhaps I could get something more out of each
photo.

This image was the one that stood out in my previous thread with the best composition. I thought I could do more to it to make it more interesting. So I added some light rays and a filter that makes it warmer. I have two versions of it. One in dramatic color and one BW/sepia.

Misty Door -Dramatic Color

misty door by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Misty Door -Sepia

misty doorsephia by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

This next one although did not get any high 5's I still like the photo. I thought how I could bring it out and make it more desirable (dumb to say cause its just junk) but I thought by removing the sky completely really made a strong impact on it. Also took it from color to black and white.

Junk-

junk4 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Did I make any improvements on these? I am trying to look at all my past photos and see what I could have done to make them better. Self critiquing, my thought is if I can
do look at what I have and find a way to make it better it will help me moving forward when composing a shot.

Two more examples which prove a decent HDR image converted to B&W really is a great way to go. While the subject matter might not be interesting in the second B&W, the details are certainly there as a feast for the eyes.

Two more examples which prove a decent HDR image converted to B&W really is a great way to go. While the subject matter might not be interesting in the second B&W, the details are certainly there as a feast for the eyes.

Thanks Bynx! I am starting to see more and more where BW can benefit a photo like you said that was boring. In the second image what caught my eye in person was just all the textures and details. From the cracking paint in the barrels to the rusted metal and wires.

All though I know these are not photo of the year quality photos I still like this style very much so. My wife hates it and finds it very ugly. I also love those abandon building photos people take where she hates them..to each his own right. Its something about textures that draws me in, something about the life that these things once had and now are junk and regards to the buildings. Something use to happen in those rooms. They have a history and makes you think like what the heck.............. eeehhh I could go on and on.

I hear ya, and I understand perfectly. Ive lived in the same area for most of my life. Its changed a lot, from farmers fields to subdivisions full of new immigrants. Capturing some of the older structures speaks volumes of times, and people, long gone. And its a worthwhile project to capture them before they are ploughed under.

I hear ya, and I understand perfectly. Ive lived in the same area for most of my life. Its changed a lot, from farmers fields to subdivisions full of new immigrants. Capturing some of the older structures speaks volumes of times, and people, long gone. And its a worthwhile project to capture them before they are ploughed under.

Bynx check out this guys stuff. I think you will like it.

Flickr: Critical Mass.'s Photostream

Urban Exploration.
Collection: Urban Exploration

I think this stuff is way cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back