The smoker in action:

DSC_0066 - Version 2.jpg

The ribs just getting warm:

DSC_0067 - Version 2.jpg

The oven thermometer right at the target temperature:

DSC_0068 - Version 2.jpg

The meat thermometer showing the present and target temperature:

DSC_0069 - Version 2.jpg

The fuel for the fire. First pail is the wet wood, second is the charcoal, and the box and last pail is the dry wood.

DSC_0070 - Version 2 (3).jpg

Nice, what time can I come over for dinner?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The ribs took about 3-1/2 hours. I did a Boston Butt that was done in 6 hours.

I like your thermometer!

My neighbors complained about me and my smoker :(

But when I did, yum yum yum. I have one of those bullet shaped smokers with two pans. The bottom one was for the charcoal and wood chips, and the one above that was for: beer, wine, water, seasoning, and whatever I could think of to toss in it. When I used liquid above the fire, it took 4 everrrrrrrrrr, but always worth the weight. Turkey, ribs, Cornish hens, whole chickens, and brisket.

But when I did, yum yum yum. I have one of those bullet shaped smokers with two pans. The bottom one was for the charcoal and wood chips, and the one above that was for: beer, wine, water, seasoning, and whatever I could think of to toss in it. When I used liquid above the fire, it took 4 everrrrrrrrrr, but always worth the weight. Turkey, ribs, Cornish hens, whole chickens, and brisket.

Complained that you never invited them over?

Complained that you never invited them over?

Haaa, I was just about to when my upstairs neighbors complained :( Haters!

I noticed that you did NOT follow the "rule of thirds" and I'm afraid that means you'll have to re-shoot this. (oh darn!)

Please send the ribs to me.

:1219:

The ribs took about 3-1/2 hours. I did a Boston Butt that was done in 6 hours.

I like your thermometer!

What kind of rub or sauce did you use? Homemade?
I have tried a homemade rub in the past, but now I don't put anything but kosher salt and maybe a little oil. For the ribs yesterday, I made a mixture of oil, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar to kind of wet them down once in a while. As the afternoon unfolded, I applied that juice only twice the whole time. So the small end bones were way overdone, but the middle bones were not overdone at all. Juicy meat, almost no bark, a slight bit of char on some parts, but it was good enough to suck on the bones.

Why do you wet the wood? The Maverick is nice because it has two stations. One is bluetooth so I can walk around or be away from the BBQ and still know what's going on.

Ribs on the smoker

For some reason I expected a naked man with emphysema.
The downside of working in healthcare ....

Relieved to be wrong.

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back