Right time - Right place - eye of the storm

JadeaDragon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is unedited shots other than sized for the net:

There was a sever storm that passed through earlier this evening. Then I was sitting at my desk and it looked like flood lamps lit my street. I jumped up and grabbed my camera and out the door I went.

Eye of the storm

eyeofstorm.jpg

This did not turn out as well as my first - not enough light for my poor camera to work properly. You can see the double rainbow - the rainbows themselves were like neon beams from the clouds. Just. wow. To bad my camera didn't capture it well. *sigh* Yes, the sky did have that odd green color to it.

doubleup2.jpg

Olympus Camedia C-700 2.1megapixel
settings were on auto. I only had a few minutes to get these shots. The light was changing very quickly with the clouds moving fast.
originals are 1600x1200 tif files.

=)
Jade

Hehe, 95% of photography is being there with a camera. ;)

Couple of nice captures of the post storm sky. Nice rainbow, I've not had any luck grabbing one myself yet this year.

First one is awsome! Really makes me wanna know what is beyond the houses and trees... possibly a space ship landing?

Thank you!

When I got the photo off the camera - I knew I had to post it here. :mrgreen: Shots like that make me want to get back to photographing regularly.

I did get the specs this morning for the top one.
Camera: OLYMPUS - C700UZ
Shutter Speed 10/300 second
F Number F/4.5
Focal Length 6 mm
ISO Speed 100

If you are curious.

=)
Jade

Most reactions

Back