Ringnecked beauty

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After watching the DFW guys releasing pheasants into the meadow at a nearby birding spot on Tuesday, I figured I'd run back up there and see if I could get a decent shot of one before the hunters got 'em all. This handsome fellow gave me a nice photo op in some gorgeous light from about 35-40 feet away...

Glorious colors on that bird! Nice shots.

Nice!
Are these farm raised?

Very nice.
Love the colour.

Nice shots

Glorious colors on that bird! Nice shots.

Nice!
Are these farm raised?

Thanks, everyone!

Brian, yes, these are farm raised and released by the Department of Fish and Wildlife to "stock" certain areas for hunting. A few invariably manage to avoid being shot, and escape into the wild, but I'm afraid the majority wind up on someone's dinner plate...

Without a doubt, they are the most photogenic sporting bird in North America. I am liking the first pic greatly!

I have the potatoes and carrots. Nice dinner shot.

Brian, yes, these are farm raised and released by the Department of Fish and Wildlife to "stock" certain areas for hunting. A few invariably manage to avoid being shot, and escape into the wild, but I'm afraid the majority wind up on someone's dinner plate...

Hunting has become so stupid! They need to toss the shotguns and get cameras, a great photo like this is much harder to get than just killing it. Plus it is much more fun!
Great work. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back