RIP Justin

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bordering my neighborhood on the east is train tracks and an old industrial area much abandoned. I'm not supposed to go there (wife says I'll get mugged) but every so often I short-cut across to get to a commercial area and HomeCheapo.

Joe

rip_justin.jpg

I would crop but not alot concentrating on the torn upholstery. Although odd, Rip Justin is not the story here.

You are braver than I. Got lost there one time in an area where the store fronts AND car windows were all covered with chain link fencing.

You are braver than I. Got lost there one time in an area where the store fronts AND car windows were all covered with chain link fencing.

Yeah, my wife's probably right and I should stay away -- good place to hit someone over the head and steal their camera.

Joe

I really like it. Hows that Fuji doing ya? If this is any indicator- quite well!

so, do you go there with a nice camera & nothing else to shoot? o_O a junkie would sell your camera in a flash!
here are more exciting places to take pictures when you are ready to level up! "THE 10 LEAST PEACEFUL PLACES IN THE US" :popcorn:

I'm giving you a hard time because your title to this post is alarming because it suggests a forum member or photographer died! :blue::newangel:

Last edited:
Justin was a pretty good photographer until he ventured onto the wrong side of the tracks .... RIP Justin.

I really like it. Hows that Fuji doing ya? If this is any indicator- quite well!

Thanks. I'm very happy with it so far. Build quality is very high and I'm getting excellent image quality. The EVF is a big improvement over the EVF in my X-E2 which did take some getting used to. I'd still rather have an OVF but I made the switch from FF to APS to get smaller and lighter -- have to compromise somewhere. Nice feature in the T-2 is that most of the WYSIWYG functions of the EVF can be disabled and that helps.

It's got a pile of other features that don't mean anything to me. I wish they'd make a camera for me some day, but that's not going to happen. Supposedly the AF is faster now, but I wouldn't know. The tilting back LCD is handy and I'm glad to have that. It is a bigger battery drainer and I have to watch that so I don't get caught without power. Bottom line the X-Trans III sensor (Sony) is fabulous and I'm going to really enjoy working with it.

Joe

so, do you go there with a nice camera & nothing else to shoot? o_O a junkie would sell your camera in a flash!
here are more exciting places to take pictures when you are ready to level up! "THE 10 LEAST PEACEFUL PLACES IN THE US" :popcorn:

I'm giving you a hard time because your title to this post is alarming because it suggests a forum member or photographer died! :blue::newangel:

Yep I go there with a nice camera. I walk for exercise. I try and do a lot of the grocery shopping and misc. shopping on foot. So I make multiple trips to the grocery store weekly. The grocery store is too close so I usually start walking there by heading in the other direction and looping around. If I don't have something to pick up at the grocery I just go for a walk. When I'm walking a camera goes along. Mostly I walk in the safe residential neighborhoods but every so often I'll stray over to the tracks and cut through this section where I found the photo above.

Joe

I shoot in Detroit, the hood, wherever. I'm never concerned about my safety. The Marines put me in much scarier places. I walk around like I belong, and very respectful to all I encounter. People in general are good people, it's the 2% you have to be aware of. If you can't distinguish those, stay away.

You know, when I was 20 I had it all figured out. I kept my Sunpak 622 full charged and if someone tried anything fishy I'd discharge the flash a few inches from their face and club them with my Contax RX at the end of a set of Bogen 3011 legs.

A few years later I switched to an a350. When I finally found myself in a dangerous situation I hid in some bushes, looked down to my Plastic Fantastic with it's miniature on-board flash and thought to myself ... oh this will NEVER work.

You know, when I was 20 I had it all figured out. I kept my Sunpak 622 full charged and if someone tried anything fishy I'd discharge the flash a few inches from their face and club them with my Contax RX at the end of a set of Bogen 3011 legs.

A few years later I switched to an a350. When I finally found myself in a dangerous situation I hid in some bushes, looked down to my Plastic Fantastic with it's miniature on-board flash and thought to myself ... oh this will NEVER work.

When I was in my late 20's I lived in what was then the St. Louis near-north-side-ghetto. I used to walk the streets with my camera on a tripod. On one occasion I was mugged at gun point. He wanted cash and all I had was two dollars which I gave him. He looked at the two dollars, cussed, gave it back to me and walked away cussing. On another occasion the camera and tripod were snatched from me and they ran. I ran them down and took it back. And on a third occasion I was carrying a Linhof 4x5 on the tripod when a group of about 1/2 dozen guys stopped me. They asked if the camera was worth much and I told them yes. Then one of them asked if I had it insured and I said no and he said, "Ok, you can keep it." I said, "thank you."

Joe

See. That's why I had a Wista. Nobody would want to steal a Wista.

Most reactions

Back