road trip fun with my friends, comments?

caribbeanlove23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just out driving around with friends in the country and Ann Arbor, figured i would bring my camera along. Its a Nikon D5000 i just got it the other day and was trying to figure it out lol. Comments or advice?

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0278_2.jpg

DSC_0235_2.jpg

DSC_0187_2.jpg

Last edited:
Holy numerous photos, batman. 21 pics isn't going to garner a lot of responses on this forum. 5 is normally the max suggested, considering we normally like to offer C & C on each photo. 21 is too tall an order.

1 and 2 caught my attention the most. I think you captured her very well. The glasses definitely add to the cool chick factor and adds a little intrigue, but I'd like to see her eyes.

#18 is nice, but unfortunately I'm noticing what appears to be some barrel distortion along the vertical edge. It caught my eye pretty quickly.

Holy numerous photos, batman. 21 pics isn't going to garner a lot of responses on this forum. 5 is normally the max suggested, considering we normally like to offer C & C on each photo. 21 is too tall an order.

1 and 2 caught my attention the most. I think you captured her very well. The glasses definitely add to the cool chick factor and adds a little intrigue, but I'd like to see her eyes.

#18 is nice, but unfortunately I'm noticing what appears to be some barrel distortion along the vertical edge. It caught my eye pretty quickly.

ha yeah i know its quite a few but im trying to weed out the best ones, im not asking for c & c on all. which ever ones get responses will narrow out which are best.
as for the barrel distortion, yeah i noticed it but it was hard not to get that effect because the ally we were standing in was about 3 feet wide and i couldn't get much farther away and that was the result.
thanks for the comments.

yea that was a lot of shots. My interest dropped after #3. That was the best shot to me.

alright well because people are having so many problems with quantity and not quality i got rid of a few. im not asking for comments on how to use this site im asking for comments on my photography, thank you for your concern though and ill remember that for next time.

None of them interest me, mostly because of the backgrounds and poses. Bad crop in #7 - would be good to see hands instead of stubs. Nice hair-light in #8, but subject is too small and background should've been thrown out of focus, in my opinion. Additionally, you may want to use a reflector for shots like that, positioned under camera to bounce light to the face and fill the shadows more.

Backgrounds in #1-6 are just annoying to me. Model shoots typically look artifical anyway. What is the idea here -- take an attractive girl and pose them next to rusty metal and graffiti? What for? Subject and background should compliment each other, it should make sense.

Additionally, the low angle is not flattering. It ought to be nicknamed the pig nose angle.

My suggestions are to begin with the basics -- make your models look good by paying attention to the way light creates tones, use vertical (portrait) camera orientation, throw the background out of focus, etc.

You may find this inspiring - link

Backgrounds in #1-6 are just annoying to me. Model shoots typically look artifical anyway. What is the idea here -- take an attractive girl and pose them next to rusty metal and graffiti? What for? Subject and background should compliment each other, it should make sense.

No the idea was to take my camera, that i just got 2 days ago, for a test run and figure out all its features. thank you for the constructive criticism though.

I actually LOVE 7, it's my fav. 2 is fun too:) I think I would like number one better if it was cropped a bit tighter... but that's just my personal preference because I prefer tighter crops in general. Looks like you and your friends had fun!

Most reactions

Back