Road trip through Baja to Cabo (night shots)

MikeFlorendo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey just got back from driving the full length of Baja, Mexico. It was 1,100 miles to the tip of Baja. Some really cool things to see and photograph.

#1 is a night shot of Cabo San Lucas. This was taken 3 weeks after the hurricane. Still lots of damage but you would never know know by a night shot.
30 sec
f8
iso 100

Cabo_night (1 of 1).jpg

#2 #3 was shot in a fishing area called San Quentin. Spotted this old grounded fishing boat during teh day and had to get a shot of it with the milky way. Living in Southern California doesn't give much opportunity to shoot the milky way but it was plenty dark in most of Baja. I could even shoot it at lower iso. Used a flash light to paint the boat.

25 sec
f2.8
iso 800

25 sec
f2.8
iso 320

Attachments

• Light_paint_boat5 (1 of 1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 254
  • Light_paint_boat6 (1 of 1).jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 260
i cant only see one photo, the rest are not working for me. the one I can see is pretty awesome.

i cant only see one photo, the rest are not working for me. the one I can see is pretty awesome.
Huh? It works when I click the attachment. I'll try and load them below. Thanks-

Attachments

• Light_paint_boat5 (1 of 1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
  • Light_paint_boat6 (1 of 1).jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 177
there working now. I really like the wide version of the one with the boat too, the last one is a bit to narrow, I wold like to see a bit more of the background on that one, its a big narrow i think.. still a very nice shot. there all quite good.

there working now. I really like the wide version of the one with the boat too, the last one is a bit to narrow, I wold like to see a bit more of the background on that one, its a big narrow i think.. still a very nice shot. there all quite good.

Thanks Danny it was a fun trip. The narrow one I shot in portrait to get more of the milky way.

Great shots! What were the expose and ss on the milky way shots? Also f8 30s?

Just ignore my first post. I see you did put the original exif data in the original post :barbershop_quartet_member:

Yes f8 at 30 sec. The stars barley started to trail at 30 sec but I wasn't going to use most of the sky and there was haze. f8 is where I seem to get those nice star bursts in the lights. Thanks for looking.

Really amazing shots there. Love the boat photos!
Thanks I really appreciate the comment. The boat photo was a little scary in my mind. What I mean is you could hear the waves lapping against the hull and it sounded like movement on deck. I was alone in this dark field in the middle of Baja but after the first shot nerves settled into excitement! There was no one around so it was more of that irrational fear like kids get with monsters in the closet. :)

Here is another shot I really liked from this trip. Just starting to process them all. Sunrise over the Sea of Cortez.

1/40 sec
f16
iso 100

Attachments

• Sea_of-Cortez (1 of 1).jpg
    Sea_of-Cortez (1 of 1).jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 150

Most reactions

Back