Road trip!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Epic road trip yesterday. Took my 78 year old mom up to NH (New Hampshire for our international members) leaf peeping and even a bit of easy hiking. Weather was fantastic if a bit on the sunny side in the morning. NH has it all - waterfalls, lakes, mountain, covered bridges, winding roads, rocky brooks... it’s a magical place in the fall. More pics to follow but this one gives you an idea of what the day was like. Around every turn was another jaw dropping display of color.

This one was from Kinsman Notch area:
Road trip! by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Beautiful! I look forward to seeing more.

We don't get "fall" like you guys get so love seeing the colours of the leaves as the season changes.

The foliage is much further along than here. Very nice.

Thanks! This was about 2.5 hours north of me. We don’t have much color here at home yet either.

Beautiful! I look forward to seeing more.

We don't get "fall" like you guys get so love seeing the colours of the leaves as the season changes.

Stay tuned. Won’t have much time to edit until the weekend. It’s going to rain so I won’t be out shooting.

Nice... sounds like a great trip!

Had a blast!

I'd really like to make it up to the north east to shoot fall colors one day. Pretty much all we get around here is yellows. Being that I'm from Colorado, I do have to take exception to you saying there are mountains in NH though! LOL

I'd really like to make it up to the north east to shoot fall colors one day. Pretty much all we get around here is yellows. Being that I'm from Colorado, I do have to take exception to you saying there are mountains in NH though! LOL

It's all relative! Colorado looks beautiful and the gold aspens are gorgeous - it's on my bucket list. Fall up here really is spectacular but fleeting. Hard to plan for it if you have to travel more than a few hours. Peak color yesterday followed by a windy, rainy storm this weekend will make for a lot of bare trees up there by Monday. I used to try to plan a weekend up in the White Mts to coincide with the foliage peak but after getting rained out, or missing peak or a late peak causing it to still be all green, plus the weekend crowds and traffic - I gave up on that. My new strategy is to wait and watch the foliage reports then take a day off midweek when I know it's at peak and the weather will be decent.

Nice pic, love the mountains. The highest point close to me is around 30 ft. high. I can barely stand being up there, the air is so thin. :02.47-tranquillity:

My new strategy is to wait and watch the foliage reports then take a day off midweek when I know it's at peak and the weather will be decent.

That is a good plan. I try and do things in the middle of the week as well when I can.

Nice pic, love the mountains. The highest point close to me is around 30 ft. high. I can barely stand being up there, the air is so thin. :02.47-tranquillity:

LOL, that's funny. My house is at 6726 ft.

NH looks beautiful. I lived in Colorado and miss seeing the mountains in the fall. Stuck in the flat lands now. Looking forward to more of your photos.

Nice shot...........

Thanks.

NH looks beautiful. I lived in Colorado and miss seeing the mountains in the fall. Stuck in the flat lands now. Looking forward to more of your photos.

I do love being so close to NH mountains and the coast. Lots of options. The only thing I couldn’t get to within a few hours is flatlands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back