What's new

Rock Carvings by Local Artist

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
405
Location
Bemidji, Minnesota, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased these pieces of rock art last year from the artist and attempted to capture a nice photo of them using what I had at my disposal. This included a white binder, a floor lamp, a "white" table and a banker's box lid wrapped in aluminum foil. Here is the set-up:

5719337815_64dd86d819_z.jpg












Here is the outcome:
5719897684_556ab64d70_z.jpg
 
It looks yellowish, did you adjust wb? I like your ghetto setup, that's how I roll too haha
 
No, did not adjust WB but should. Yeah, I figure the DIY method is best most of the time. Or not.
 
I'll have to redo this photo sometime. I'm glad I at least have some art. The guy is pretty good but he's been saturating the town with them. Almost every place I go has one setup.
 
I'm not a big fan of rock carvings..probably because my dad is and the house is full of them

but hey, whatever floats your boat![h=3][/h]
 
I like the set-up! That's as far as I can ever (hope) to go with regard to special set-ups, as there are no means for me to go any more "pro" ... but then I also rarely do this kind of photography - plus: rock art is not so widely spread here.
And as to the WB thing: that can be remedied in no time, now can't it? So there... does the artist like your photo of his art?
 
Yeah, when I showed it to him a few months ago he seemed rather pleased.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom