Rock (Critique Away)

Relic123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First is of a rock I took walking around after a rainy day, I like the color and composition of this shot and any critique would be helpful. Settings [ Canon Mark II N, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, 1.4 extender, 1/1300 Shutter speed, f/4, 200 iso, 280mm setting, Exposure Manual]

Rock.jpg

Sorry, to me this is a very uninteresting shot.
Nothing particularly colorful, dramatic or meaningful in it.

Mabye i am biased because I took said image, but i wold have to disagree with you. I like the warm earthy tones and detail in the image. I also like the placement of the rock.

Mabye i am biased because I took said image, but i wold have to disagree with you. I like the warm earthy tones and detail in the image. I also like the placement of the rock.

Well, earthy tones are nice but as for detail, if you wanted that then the rock shouldn't be in focus?

I can imagine what you saw and tried to capture but this time I think you missed it sorry, not by much though, perhaps a sharper image and then a little play with the saturation could show the "hidden beauty" in this photo ... at the moment I'm afraid its still hidden.

I personally think a lower angle would be better.... other than that I agree with the others. Not all that exciting.

Right, you like the things about your picture. You also asked for critique, and you were given it. What exactly is the issue here?

Nobody thinks the picture is interesting but you. I know how that goes, every photographer takes shots they think are good, and nobody else does. It happens to everyone. Just try and take the criticism well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back