Rockport, MA 2020

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Weather was nice this past weekend so we headed to Rockport to enjoy the genuine New England coastal quaintness of one of my favorite places to photograph. I'll definitely be back when it snows!

Rockport 2020 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

comments, critique, suggestions always welcome

I like them all with the vibrant colors and interesting locations. The 2nd one would love to know the history.

I like them all with the vibrant colors and interesting locations. The 2nd one would love to know the history.

I will have to ask one of the locals next time I’m there. There are several of these shed like structures. I’ll have to see if I have a wider view. It seems like they’re used for storage by the lobstermen now.

I'm not that familiar with your geography but these look exactly how I imagine New England be, if that makes sense. I live on the coast and love historic fishing related way of life and it's always interesting to me to see such photographs.

Good set. Nice catch on #5, using the posts in the foreground to frame the building.

Really digging the blue boats in #4. Great set!

Very nice set and a beautiful, old looking fishing town. Such an interesting place, I'd love to just walk around it for a day.
#4 makes me realize just how much anything you do in life has it's risks. :02.47-tranquillity:

I just love fishing village shots with old buildings and reflections in the water. This totally says New England to me, at least the way I imagine (and want) it to be. The vibrant colors offset against the water and skies full of moisture.

The Red and Blues leap for attention and move the eye around the images, very nice indeed.

Many, many photo-ops there, I'd bet. I'd love to see a closer angle on the red building with the buoys.

#4 is terrific. Great isolation of the subjects and use of negative space.

I'm not that familiar with your geography but these look exactly how I imagine New England be, if that makes sense. I live on the coast and love historic fishing related way of life and it's always interesting to me to see such photographs.

Thank you. Yes Rockport is exactly how a real New England seaside town looks. It has a very active artist community and, unlike other similar places that have gone all touristy or even worse gone “upscale”, it still holds on to its roots as a place where people live and work.

Nice set.....

Thanks...

Good set. Nice catch on #5, using the posts in the foreground to frame the building.

Thank you.

Really digging the blue boats in #4. Great set!

Thanks! I had to lean way our over the edge of the pier to get that. No railings on the pier, just a good 15 ft drop to the floating dock and water below!

Very nice set and a beautiful, old looking fishing town. Such an interesting place, I'd love to just walk around it for a day.
#4 makes me realize just how much anything you do in life has it's risks. :02.47-tranquillity:

It’s a very interesting place to walk around. There’s a lot to see.

I just love fishing village shots with old buildings and reflections in the water. This totally says New England to me, at least the way I imagine (and want) it to be. The vibrant colors offset against the water and skies full of moisture.

The Red and Blues leap for attention and move the eye around the images, very nice indeed.

Thanks so much! Glad you liked them.

Many, many photo-ops there, I'd bet. I'd love to see a closer angle on the red building with the buoys.

I have a lot of photos of that building. I’ll see if I have one that is from a closer angle. Motif #1 is the most often painted building in America.

Motif Number 1 - Wikipedia

#4 is terrific. Great isolation of the subjects and use of negative space.

Thanks. I have a photo from that angle from the summer that has a dozen more boats crammed in. Will have to dig that up.

Most reactions

Back