Rooftop

I have to say that I like it. I've looked at it several times, left, came back and looked again and I always have the same thought - I really like this. I think the high contrast really defines the roof tops. Great shot. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It looks as if you lot are split over this as well. I've read all the comments and I have to say that I like it just the way it is.

I may revisit it at some point in the future but at the moment I have a couple of other photographic projects that I'm working on, so that my not be for a while (although I am interested in the cyanotype idea).

The picture was not taken in full sunlight but on a cloudy day. Thus, the contrast should not have been more than 8 zones or so.

I use b&w film. In such a picture, I would certainly not accept the blocking of the shadows in my own work. I should think that modern digital [Nikon D90, eg] can also handle the full range of the scene.

I think its an interesting shot but lacks some impact, the whites in the building are very grey, I think with some work you could make this image better, with some layer adjustments it would be better,, I found a conversion technique that I really like, its a bit of work but is very adjustable and tweakable, you might try it on your original image to see what you come up with, here is a link, oh,, also take a look at the rest of the shots on that site, some amazing work there, all shots are screened before they are accepted and its difficult to get one published there, I have one in the macro section :sexywink: :D

1exposure b&w conversion

yes, nothing but top quality work on that site, you cant just post there, everything is screened before its published, awesome work there :thumbup:
Many thanks. I'll take a look this weekend.
you might just find that it will add some life to your images, I have been using that conversion and really like it, you can achieve strong blacks and very nice whites with that, I think your image would benefit from that process,, good luck ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back