Rookie Pics Uploaded, Comments Welcome!!!

apertureman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!

Uploaded some of my rookie serious photographer pictures. I will welcome and appreciate all comments and creative criticism.

4036160454_23ca1845ac_b.jpg

4036157230_166f8130a0_b.jpg

4035403861_ab75d83c32_o.jpg

4035402447_96a19baa33_o.jpg

4036149236_d3302d0095_o.jpg

Enjoy!

Visit my gallery on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amazeimages

Comments per req:

1. I a slightly different perspective, that is: Looking more down onto the blooms rather than across the tops might have made for a more interesting image. As well, your lighting isn't quite right. You've got blown highlights image left and deep shadown image right. A reflector to camera right would have greatly improved the overall image.

2. I'm not sure what your intent was here, but I think this would have been a really nice high-contrast B&W were it not for the over-exposed sky burning through some of the needles. A slightly reduced exposure would have benefitted here.

3. An interesting pattern and good use of the shadow as a leading line. I think this one could use a bit of a contrast boost to produce whiter snow. As-is, it's a bit grey.

4. Once again, blown highlights and deep shadows. Not really getting much from the subject in this case.

5. I really like the idea here, and were it not for the mirror providing a rather strong distraction and the blown area around the base, this would be a really interesting image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks tirediron, I appreciate your input.

I actually took 2 photos with fresh snow on them. I bet you would like this one better in terms of its contrast. The only thing is the tree trunks at the top of the frame that perhaps needed to be cropped out:

4035400421_da53711a56_o.jpg

I may be crazy, but I personally like the tree trunks in the photo.

It gives me a glimpse of what is creating that shadow, without showing everything. The contrast in the second photo is definately much more appealing to me.

I may be crazy, but I personally like the tree trunks in the photo.

It gives me a glimpse of what is creating that shadow, without showing everything. The contrast in the second photo is definately much more appealing to me.

ok, your crazy! lols.:lmao:

i personally like the trunks out of the pic. keeps you guessing on what could be causing the shadows. and personally i like to keep my photos like this that way. it holds people interest a little bit longer and makes them think and open their imagination.

i definitely like the second one more, i think you should crop the tree trunks out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back