Room #57

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was inspired by Pursuer's thread. Behind Door #1
here>>> http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38989
I set this shot up in my basement. After putting a fog machine, and a white spotlight, behind the door, I left just enough room for the fog to escape. Not quite what I was going for, cause I want more "rays" of light to appear from the door, but now that my house is filled with fog, I will try again tomorrow. And the voices behind the door are a little angry:lmao: :lmao:

Hey JonMikal..did you get a chance to try this?

165_6575ex.jpg

I like it :thumbup:
*more light more light*

I think more/brighter light would give it a little more scare factor.

Chiller said:
Hey JonMikal..did you get a chance to try this?

i had it all setup tonight...outside in the garage. used the van headlights and had Linda and the kids breathing from the opposite side for the fog effect....it's 10 degrees, i thought it was a good idea. after 30 mins of trying i noticed my fog had disappeared. i went to check it out and found them frozen. oh well, i'll round up some neighborhood kids tomorrow and try again :p

i love this man! i'm thinking you may have something better than the ray idea. be that as it may, what do you think about closing the door to approximately 1/4 - 1/2 inch, load the back side up with light and inject the fog on the camera side for the ray effect?

JonMikal said:
i had it all setup tonight...outside in the garage. used the van headlights and had Linda and the kids breathing from the opposite side for the fog effect....it's 10 degrees, i thought it was a good idea. after 30 mins of trying i noticed my fog had disappeared. i went to check it out and found them frozen. oh well, i'll round up some neighborhood kids tomorrow and try again :p
DANG JM! Did you defrost them at least??? LOL

Chiller this is wayyyyyy CHILLER COOL!! Love the effect a lot!

This is awesome!! Now that you guys have both tried it, I really want to! I don't have any cool doors tho. I will keep my eyes open in friends' houses and stuff.

I agree, more light should do it, at least my brain thinks so. More light, looooong shutter, and then the fog wouldn't even be as necessary....although it makes it look ghosty and scary. Nice!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate it.
woodsac. I am going to try 2, 150 watt bulbs next time. I only had a 100 watt in this shot.
JonMikal. Gheesh.. I sure hope Linda and the kids are o.k. It took about 45 minutes for the fog to clear out of my house.:biglaugh: I was kinda digging it after a while.
I was talking to my halloween bud, and he was saying that it might be hard to get the rays, cause there is not enough density in the fog. Usually when using a fog machine outside, you would need a cooler to cool the fog, as it is so hot, and would rise fast. I did this shot in my basement, and thought maybe the fog would not rise to fast. He suggested putting something to create "shadows" in front of the light, which might help enhance the rays.
Soooo...back to the drawing board. Looking forward to your shots...and hope Linda and the kids are well. :lmao: :lmao:

Rob...I was thinking of the sillouette also. Im only using a shutter of about 6 to 8 seconds...so I might try to walk across the front next time, and see if it will pick up a "ghost" image.

Thanks again all.

Chiller said:
Rob...I was thinking of the sillouette also. Im only using a shutter of about 6 to 8 seconds...so I might try to walk across the front next time, and see if it will pick up a "ghost" image.
A good technique is to run into the frame, freeze yourself still whilst holding a torch pointed at 45deg upwards at your face and flick it on and then run out of the frame again as this gives you a healthy ghostly glow! If you want to look kinda sick, stick a blue plastic gel (or just a blue plastic baggy) over the torch and you'll look like death!

I've done some quite adventurous torch lit night photos and you can get some cool effects.

Rob

Chiller ... have you seen that Emily Rose movie?!?! HELLO! It looks like the scene where she runs into the hall and the demons get in!!

Nice, dude ... you set up a great one! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

How cool!! :thumbup: You did a great job here. I like the shape the fog took in this image. Tha pattern in the door windows adds visual interest. Great stuff!

And may I state how fun it is to know someone who has their own fog machine? :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back