Rough Seas - Cape Shanck

Beautiful shot.

To my eye, there are some competing interests. Light sunset upper left, bright surf lower right and a dark monolith far upper right. I wonder if a shooting position from farther to the right might have balanced the composition more? Just a thought. Your shot really makes me wish I had been there to feel that storm coming. Nicely done.

Beautiful shot.

To my eye, there are some competing interests. Light sunset upper left, bright surf lower right and a dark monolith far upper right. I wonder if a shooting position from farther to the right might have balanced the composition more? Just a thought. Your shot really makes me wish I had been there to feel that storm coming. Nicely done.

Thanks mate! I agree, it's not perfect. I did have more foreground, but it was rather bland and I had to crop it out.

Maybe this one is a better one for giving you that feeling of the incoming storm (see clouds top right). I do like the composition on this better, and if the original one I posted was shot like this it may have been better.

500px / Photo "Cape Shanck - Pulpit Rock" by Matthew Hahnel

Stunning pictures. I like them a lot. You really get a feel of the storm.

The second one shown is the stronger of the two, and the conversion looks good! I like that one better.
The first feels unbalanced, also lightwise: somehow the bright surf on the right feels too bright and takes away from the sunset colours on the left. But this has been said before...

nice shot, but i feel like the title of the pic doesn't really match. everything looks smooth and peaceful. either way, congrats.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back