Round ii- nikon d700 vs. x-e2

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by funnyfarm, Jan 24, 2014.

1. sk66

sk66 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    No, I'm not confused...
    Photography is about "feeling" and "communication," it has very little to do with "accurate" or "correct." And it really doesn't matter *what* the subject is (unless you're doing some type of scientific study maybe).

Yes, I guess that's what I'm trying to say...

And just to be a complete d!ck... Which is "correct," allowing whites to be yellow due to sunset/tungsten because that's how they actually were, or adjusting them to white even though they weren't white? Or setting Wb so that the pale thin skinned individual looks blue/pink as they actually were, or adjusting the WB so they appear as we perceive them to be? The answer is, neither is "correct." IMHO, chasing "correct" is fairly pointless.

2. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Just because something is fairly pointless to you in the photos you take doesn't mean it's pointless to everyone else. Try this example: you're photographing a product for a corporation and the product contains the corporate logo and corporate colors. I'll bet their marketing dept. will be concerned that you achieve accurate WB. Your projecting what matters to you on everyone else. All I did was answer the OP's question and explain how to get accurate WB. You're free not to do that, you just don't get to say that since it doesn't matter to you it shouldn't matter to everyone.

Joe

3. funnyfarm

funnyfarm TPF Noob!

It's probably silly but I have this silly concern that I am going to feel like less of a photographer with a tiny little camera. Not to anyone else, because I don't care what anyone else thinks, but to myself in my mind.does that make sense? But maybe that's the freedom I need. I've always given up on photography in the past because I take it too seriously and stop having fun w my big ole dslr. I need a middle ground.

X-e2 it is. But I will probably upgrade to the X-t1 next year

4. Jazzmeizter

Jazzmeizter TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What do you mean by this? I'm interested.

5. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

This is an dead thread from a year ago. Might be a better to start a new one. Looks like your new here -- welcome. Can you be more specific about what you'd like to know?

Joe