Rubber Eyecup

EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I'm wearing spectacles, should I take off the rubber eyecup for the viewfinder, it seems to be blocking my view on the corners of the frame.

What type of camera do you have? I wear glasses and I do not have to remove the rubber eyecup to see the entire display in the viewfinder. I have a 5D classic and have had no problems with seeing the contents of the viewfinder with the rubber eye piece on. If you have this problem, then by all means, remove the eyecup - be careful that there is nothing there to scratch your glasses.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

What type of camera do you have? I wear glasses and I do not have to remove the rubber eyecup to see the entire display in the viewfinder. I have a 5D classic and have had no problems with seeing the contents of the viewfinder with the rubber eye piece on. If you have this problem, then by all means, remove the eyecup - be careful that there is nothing there to scratch your glasses.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks.

If you can't see the corners of the frame, in the viewfinder, then you should change something. One option would be to remove your glasses and adjust the diopter on the viewfinder. You may be able to adjust it enough so that you can see clearly without the glasses. The only problem will be that you have to replace your glasses when you put the camera down.

There are options for different eye-cups and other view finder accessories. You might find something that works better for you than the stock piece.

Have you checked to be sure your diopter is adjusted properly for your eyes?

Yes, it is, when I am wearing my spectacles, without my spectacles, the diopter is just not strong enough.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
See page 206 of your D5100 user's manual. Read your user's manual, and then read your user's manual. After that, read your user's manual.

Nikon offers a range of viewfinder eyepiece correction lenses so you don't have to wear your glasses. Nikon D5100 Digital SLR | The New DSLR Camera from Nikon

Nikon DK-20C Diopter +0.5 for many Nikon Digital SLR's Cameras

I wear glasses too, and have never had a problem seeing the entire viewfinder display of any SLR or DSLR, including a Nikon D60.

I think I need at least +2.0 diopter.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok. Obviously you didn't look at page 206 of your user's manual. They make them in a fairly wide range of diopters.

So get a +2.0 diopter DK-20C for your camera. I posted that link so you could see they don't cost much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back