What's new

Rubicon

It's a purty color!

That's about the extent of my car discernment.

Forgive my complete ignorance here, but: Is that a Jeep with a permanent hardtop, or is that black top removable? Because now that I've tasted life in a convertible, all other vehicles have lost what little appeal they ever had. :D

Sharon, it is a hard top, but it is removal. Not as easily as a soft top but it can be done.
 
It's a purty color!

That's about the extent of my car discernment.

Forgive my complete ignorance here, but: Is that a Jeep with a permanent hardtop, or is that black top removable? Because now that I've tasted life in a convertible, all other vehicles have lost what little appeal they ever had. :D
Exactly what ronlane said, its removable in three pieces. Its called a "Freedom Top".

You have 2 pieces in front (Driver side, passenger side), that you can pop out in 15 seconds if you want.

And the rest is one piece that needs two people to remove it, its very hard to remove by yourself.

Unless you have a hoist with straps. Then you can remove and put it on in minutes.

Heres a photo that shows the freedom top
http://project-jk.com/images/writeups/freedomtop/JKL-Sunroof.jpg
 
#2 says 'Jeep' ... #1 says 'hey look everybody, I got a new car'.
That's what he said .... "Just picked up my new Jeep."

I like # 1 but the background is busy
so # 2 is better in that regards
but I'd rather drive # 3
I agree! I loved driving my subaru, but every time I drove it.......well you can imagine.

350hp all wheel drive turbo....lol

But there is nothing like driving a jeep with no top, and no doors. Best feeling ever.
 
Here was my motor for curious minds haha

8590162415_c24e65711a_c.jpg
 
Exactly! But man was that a sweet ride haha
 
Another photo

15421039542_98b38384fb_c.jpg
 
But there is nothing like driving a jeep with no top, and no doors. Best feeling ever.

I've seen a couple of them around town recently. Each was driven by a girl! !!!!!!! :heartpump:

The first one had painted her wheels blue. :heartpump:
 
But there is nothing like driving a jeep with no top, and no doors. Best feeling ever.

I've seen a couple of them around town recently. Each was driven by a girl! !!!!!!! :heartpump:

The first one had painted her wheels blue. :heartpump:
HAHA! The girls love driving with no top on...
 
Step 1 - remove top
Step 2 - remove doors
Step 3 - hit the road . . . wait, no road needed ;)

I've got a casual eye out for a TJ
 
It's a purty color!

That's about the extent of my car discernment.

Forgive my complete ignorance here, but: Is that a Jeep with a permanent hardtop, or is that black top removable? Because now that I've tasted life in a convertible, all other vehicles have lost what little appeal they ever had. :D
Exactly what ronlane said, its removable in three pieces. Its called a "Freedom Top".

You have 2 pieces in front (Driver side, passenger side), that you can pop out in 15 seconds if you want.

And the rest is one piece that needs two people to remove it, its very hard to remove by yourself.

Unless you have a hoist with straps. Then you can remove and put it on in minutes.

Heres a photo that shows the freedom top
http://project-jk.com/images/writeups/freedomtop/JKL-Sunroof.jpg

You don't need two people to get it off. I can get my hardtop off and on by myself (2 door TJ). lol, but I'm stubborn like that. I do it without a hoist.

Step 1 - remove top
Step 2 - remove doors
Step 3 - hit the road . . . wait, no road needed ;)

I've got a casual eye out for a TJ

EXACTLY, don't need no road, I'll make my own.
 
My lovely wife really likes the JKUs but I still prefer the 2 doors. I guess by the time I can actually buy one, I'll change my mind. I do like the Rubi, though.
 
It's a purty color!

That's about the extent of my car discernment.

Forgive my complete ignorance here, but: Is that a Jeep with a permanent hardtop, or is that black top removable? Because now that I've tasted life in a convertible, all other vehicles have lost what little appeal they ever had. :D
Exactly what ronlane said, its removable in three pieces. Its called a "Freedom Top".

You have 2 pieces in front (Driver side, passenger side), that you can pop out in 15 seconds if you want.

And the rest is one piece that needs two people to remove it, its very hard to remove by yourself.

Unless you have a hoist with straps. Then you can remove and put it on in minutes.

Heres a photo that shows the freedom top
http://project-jk.com/images/writeups/freedomtop/JKL-Sunroof.jpg

You don't need two people to get it off. I can get my hardtop off and on by myself (2 door TJ). lol, but I'm stubborn like that. I do it without a hoist.

Haha 2 door is a little different! lol

I took off my last one by myself (4 door), its not overly heavy, its just so large and weird shaped to carry by yourself.

I just stood up in the back of the jeep and raised it on my shoulders and tried to balance walk it. lol

It worked. Kinda.[/QUOTE]
 
It's a purty color!

That's about the extent of my car discernment.

Forgive my complete ignorance here, but: Is that a Jeep with a permanent hardtop, or is that black top removable? Because now that I've tasted life in a convertible, all other vehicles have lost what little appeal they ever had. :D
Exactly what ronlane said, its removable in three pieces. Its called a "Freedom Top".

You have 2 pieces in front (Driver side, passenger side), that you can pop out in 15 seconds if you want.

And the rest is one piece that needs two people to remove it, its very hard to remove by yourself.

Unless you have a hoist with straps. Then you can remove and put it on in minutes.

Heres a photo that shows the freedom top
http://project-jk.com/images/writeups/freedomtop/JKL-Sunroof.jpg

You don't need two people to get it off. I can get my hardtop off and on by myself (2 door TJ). lol, but I'm stubborn like that. I do it without a hoist.

Haha 2 door is a little different! lol

I took off my last one by myself (4 door), its not overly heavy, its just so large and weird shaped to carry by yourself.

I just stood up in the back of the jeep and raised it on my shoulders and tried to balance walk it. lol

It worked. Kinda.
[/QUOTE]

Huh. I'll stick with my Sebring and its push button top. I'm a middle-age woman (middle age might be understating it, unless I plan to live until I'm 106...); I'm entitled to a few luxuries! :beguiled:
 
Nice colour. Hydro blue? Did you get the dual top group option? If so, you'll really enjoy the soft top in the summer, much easier to retract than removing those freedom panels.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom