Ruler of the Roost

Status
Not open for further replies.

anicole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
93
"If you were my wife, I wouldn't let you do that."

"I wouldn't let my husband go do that."

It's the age-old question ... who rules the roost?

I have fits of apoplexy every time I hear either of those statements. Now, I understand common respect in a relationship ... there are some things you shouldn't even have to 'ask' if you can do.

Common sense should be knocking on your noggin on most things ... like a fella coming home covered in stripper dust. Either make sure your wife is one of the ones that doesn't mind an occasional trip ... or brush the dust off before you get home.

Noggin knocking for the ladies ... either make sure he understands that you work for a living, too and that it's a JOINT checking account ... or hide the clothes in the trunk till he leaves ... (most likely headed for the 'club') ...:lol:

Is your relationship ruled with an iron fist or is it a joint effort?

Is there a particular lead taker on most issues or do you handle what you're good at and let the significant other handle what they're good at?
 

bace

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
3,941
Reaction score
72
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't include females in any decision making.

They're only on the earth for me to womanize and degrade, then never call again.




































...I'm KIDDING.
 
OP
A

anicole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
93
If you were my husband, I wouldn't let you get away with that ...























I'm kidding, too ...
 

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
6,648
Reaction score
124
Location
Texas
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nice one bace. :p



I'm a bit too young to be answering these.... but...
I think that when I do look for a wife, I would want her to be strong in areas that I am weak in.... and visa versa.... that way we could help each other.

I take a biblical view on things, and in the bible it says that the male is the leader/provider of the house. so, in respect for that... I would take the leadership role. Not like an iron fist like you were saying... but good leaders are good listeners. I believe that you shouldn't make decissions from your emotions, and that is why I think women(in general) shouldn't be the leader of the house. I've seen guys that have much worse problems.... but that's a whole other subject.

Those are my thoughts... some of them... lol
 

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
4,807
Reaction score
42
Location
at work...
Website
www.fatephoto.com
LittleMan said:
nice one bace. :p



I'm a bit too young to be answering these.... but...
I think that when I do look for a wife, I would want her to be strong in areas that I am weak in.... and visa versa.... that way we could help each other.

Those are my thoughts... some of them... lol

I think that this would be enough of your post to suffice, there Chris.... the other part dangles food over dangerous territory. ;)
 

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,387
Reaction score
73
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my dinner better be on the table when i get home or else... :whip:






i'm totally kidding too. i have the utmost respect for my wife... :love: she works harder than me and still finds time to do more housework than me. I do the majority of the cooking, but she does the majority of the dishes. i pay most of the bills because i'm OCD about making sure my accounts are balanced to the cent, but we have separate checking accounts so she can be off by $75 if she wants (that would drive me INSANE :crazy: ). i take care of all the yardwork, but we team up/trade off on just about everything else...
 

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
21,168
Reaction score
109
Location
North Central Illinois
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
JTHphoto said:
my dinner better be on the table when i get home or else... :whip:






i'm totally kidding too. i have the utmost respect for my wife... :love: she works harder than me and still finds time to do more housework than me. I do the majority of the cooking, but she does the majority of the dishes. i pay most of the bills because i'm OCD about making sure my accounts are balanced to the cent, but we have separate checking accounts so she can be off by $75 if she wants (that would drive me INSANE :crazy: ). i take care of all the yardwork, but we team up/trade off on just about everything else...


Sounds like a great balance to me. :D
 
OP
A

anicole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
93
JTHphoto said:
my dinner better be on the table when i get home or else... :whip:
i'm totally kidding too. i have the utmost respect for my wife... :love: she works harder than me and still finds time to do more housework than me. I do the majority of the cooking, but she does the majority of the dishes. i pay most of the bills because i'm OCD about making sure my accounts are balanced to the cent, but we have separate checking accounts so she can be off by $75 if she wants (that would drive me INSANE :crazy: ). i take care of all the yardwork, but we team up/trade off on just about everything else...


Can I borrow you for a while? I pay the bills in our family unit ... but only because I have more time to sit down and do it ... though I wing it on the balance ... long as the bank has more money than I show, it's all good ...

My husband does the yard work and we split the housework ... meaning he cleans the nasty stuff ... shower, toilets and garbage ... I do dishes, cook and the rest of the cleaning.

Calliope ... you rock, chicklett!
 

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,387
Reaction score
73
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
anicole said:
Can I borrow you for a while? I pay the bills in our family unit ... but only because I have more time to sit down and do it ... though I wing it on the balance ... long as the bank has more money than I show, it's all good ...

My husband does the yard work and we split the housework ... meaning he cleans the nasty stuff ... shower, toilets and garbage ... I do dishes, cook and the rest of the cleaning.
yeah, i can't stand that... i use MS money to balance once a month and if it's not right on i go into :crazy: mode until i figure it out! the bank may say you have more money... but why? what bank do you have that's handing out free money? sign me up!
 

treehuggerhikerboy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
525
Reaction score
4
Location
denver
LittleMan said:
I take a biblical view on things, and in the bible it says that the male is the leader/provider of the house. so, in respect for that... I would take the leadership role. Not like an iron fist like you were saying... but good leaders are good listeners. I believe that you shouldn't make decissions from your emotions, and that is why I think women(in general) shouldn't be the leader of the house. I've seen guys that have much worse problems.... but that's a whole other subject.

Those are my thoughts... some of them... lol

Classic! :) So you're saying, based on that logic, women aren't as capable of being cops, firewomen, fighter pilots, etc...or any other career that involves emotion?

Regarding a relationship...I'm a fan of 50/50 as much as possible, with the person doing what he/she has the most strength/expertise. I think a smart and strong woman is totally sexy.
 
OP
A

anicole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
93
treehuggerhikerboy said:
Classic! :) So you're saying, based on that logic, women aren't as capable of being cops, firewomen, fighter pilots, etc...or any other career that involves emotion?

Regarding a relationship...I'm a fan of 50/50 as much as possible, with the person doing what he/she has the most strength/expertise. I think a smart and strong woman is totally sexy.

Dear Alison, Hobbes, Terri, Cory, Hertz, PhotoGoddess, Chase and all the other mods ... if anyone of you read this thread, please lock it so that this doesn't hit the political/religious dangling phase ...

I thought it would be fun to see who does what in the roost, but BOY was I wrong ...

Thanks ... I'm done ...:)
 

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
21,168
Reaction score
109
Location
North Central Illinois
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sounds like a plan.

Everyone, please remember...this is a photography forum, not a debate forum. Provoking, antagonizing, flaming, and whatever else you want to call it, will not be tolerated. Nor will religious or political talk.

I'd like to also take this moment to guide you all to the FAQ link in my sig. I think it's a great time for everyone to review them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Top