What's new

Rurex (Rural Exploration)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
1,968
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if rurex is even a term photographers use, but the two words worked when I smashed them together so... :P

A few weeks ago I headed down to my dad's ranch to spend a few days hanging out and taking photos before my relocation to L.A.

I have explored pretty much every inch of this place and have photos of most of the interesting parts, but almost all of those photos were taken a while when I didn't really know what I was doing (*cough*shot in JPEG, edited in GIMP*cough*), so my brother and I set out to take an adventure to get a refreshed perspective on these areas.

We were also lucky that the day was perfect for taking photos - scattered thunderstorms and big dramatic clouds.

Here's the first set:

1.


2.


3.

4.


5.
 
The second set:

6.


7.


8.


9.


10.
 
I like them.... but then again... I like everything you post... :)
 
I hope you don't mind, I brought the shadows up a bit, straightened it 0.2 degrees, and cropped it a bit differently.

$Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 7.24.21 AM - Version 2.webp
 
That last one is absolutely outstanding Rex; well done!

Agreed that last one is fantastic.

Designer, I thought it needed leveling as well but I like the original crop better
 
That last one is absolutely outstanding Rex; well done!

Well thanks! A lot of that was luck lol. I was actually driving back home and I saw that there was lightning behind this abandoned house that I pass every time I drive down that road. I had been wanting to take a photo of this house for a while, but the atmosphere was never 'right' until that evening. I'm glad it turned out well!
 
#9: I OWN this road. get out.

Haha basically. The small cattle always give a look of "Dear lord what is that monstrosity" when you drive up on them in the road haha
 
Last edited:
I like the cow and lightning shots. Very eerie.
 
I nominate the last one!
 
That last one is incredible. The crack under the window mirrors the lightning bolt. And most people who get lightning shots, it's all lightning, nothing else. This is so understated it stands out.
 
nine and ten.

and 7.

did i say 10?

nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom