Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another fishing trip into the archives - thought I'd go square this time....

2258754700_bea35284f4_o.jpg

definately like it, could use a little crop of the water on the bottom

I'm gonna have to disagree with the crop comment above, I think it looks great the way it is. I think the water there adds a nice touch of space, and I think that it adds to the overall effect of the shot. To each their own, but I'm gonna have to side with the original crop.

im with mesoam. there almost seems to be a natural crop (some horizontal line in the water just before any vegetation).

with or without the crop though, its a stunning picture!

it's a beautiful picture, and the crop seems fine to me. it seems slanted, i think it would even out if rotated about 1 degree to the right

Another voice for liking it as it is. I don't think you'd be able to tell the water is skimming over with ice if you crop it to a 4x6 ratio.

I like the muted colours behind the darker trees in the foreground, and the 'cold' feel you get as you see the ice in the foreground and the frost on the trees in the distance.

Another fan of nice crop as is. It gives a beginning, a middle and an end.

As Anty mentioned of the feeling you get viewing this.....I want to zip up my overcoat.

Well done.

Ooh! Lots of comments - I'm being spoiled - glad you all seem to like it . I did want the reflection of the trees showing in the ice, which is why I cropped where I did - you could have had quite a bit more too. I look at it too and wonder whether it's quite level, but without a proper horizon to go on, who knows. I'm usually pretty good at getting the camera lined up, so I think in this instance it's the distant bank receding into the distance that's creating the 'not quite level' effect.

It was cold by the way. The weather had been like you see it for a week before I was up there and the ice was more than thick enough to walk on, especially to the right where the sun just never rose far enough above the fells to shine on it.

yeah it does seem a little slanted, however i like the way it is. Great job!

oh yeah where did you take this?

Very nicely composed Chris. I like the natural looking muted colour too, and the fine detail.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back