Saker Falcon, American Kestrel

MHarvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The two birds belonged to a falconer who is a friend of mine. The Saker is eating a coturnix quail. Last one has sharpness issues, but I really liked the action. Might get a second chance at the shot sometime. Would love to get some c&c. See what I can improve on. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks alot!!

3085196144_30f400dcb5_b.jpg

3084356833_379176a1d6_b.jpg

3084356403_0d7611b680_b.jpg

3084354253_24aa1cf70a_b.jpg

3084350727_0bb19861ea_b.jpg

I like 3 the best but u wish that the 5th one was in focus

Thank you both!

#3 is the best by far, in my opinion.

that seems to be the consistent favorite, i personally like 2. what is it about 3 that makes it better?

I love the American Kestrel, they are just a gourgous bird. Had a chance to shoot a captive one but I really would like to get one in the wild.

that seems to be the consistent favorite, i personally like 2. what is it about 3 that makes it better?

I'm no pro, but I think it's the composition. The birds back at the diagonal, with the sinew (?) going down forms a triangle. See here. All I can say for certain is that it's the one that struck me first as being very good (tho the detail in the first one is astounding).

I love the American Kestrel, they are just a gourgous bird. Had a chance to shoot a captive one but I really would like to get one in the wild.

I agree very beautiful birds! They are thick around here, especially where I hunt I'll have some opportunities to get a few wild shots before my christmas break is over

Dmitri,
Thanks alot, very intereseting link. I've never intentionally taken triangles into concideration, think I'll give that a try. :thumbup:

I agree very beautiful birds! They are thick around here, especially where I hunt I'll have some opportunities to get a few wild shots before my christmas break is over

I'm envious, ther are indiginous to my aria but I have yet to see one in the wild. I've seen bald eagles, red shoulder and red tail hawks, turkey vultures as well as a couple different falcons in the wild here but I really want the kestrel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back