Sam D.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the images of Sam from a shoot last night. Sam was great to work with and I really want to shoot with her again.

Cropped or uncropped?

41231458545_bd57d8d8e8_b.jpg

28259756988_2e464f7cf6_b.jpg

Sorry Ron ,but both of those feel a bit awkward to me. The second has a better feel, but I'm just not fond of the way her elbows are cropped. Do you have a wider shot still?

Sorry Ron ,but both of those feel a bit awkward to me. The second has a better feel, but I'm just not fond of the way her elbows are cropped. Do you have a wider shot still?

Thanks John. Not from that spot, I don't, with the 85mm on my crop sensor, I needed to be back some but couldn't leave the flash without it blowing away. (should have taken a VAL) I did shoot some with the 50mm but was having trouble with focus as we were loosing light in the evening quickly.

Roger that, for sure. I was getting VERY frustrated as we went along and I was missing focus and couldn't get the exposure right, even with using a light meter. Wasn't my best night shooting.

Exposure and focus looks okay, and as far as crop, I prefer the 2nd because it shows all the young lady's hair. I'm glad John commented because I was struggling to find the words to describe the pose, but "awkward" works. I'm not a big fan of anything close to squared off shoulders on the female form. The hands on the hips accentuates her shoulders making her look to much like a line backer, especially the right shoulder, and looks to be forcing them forward. I am envious of your model though, attractive young lady.

I noticed that her skin has zero specularity... not sure if it is due to makeup or postprocessing. I would have expected some specularity on her nose, minimally, but perhaps her makeup eliminated normal skill reflectivity completely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back