Sam

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The last couple of days I have been going to the Brighton Music Hall right next to the beach, finding it great for just chilling right out while taking photos of some of the buskers. This is Sam who was singing today, taken with X-T2 + XF 18-55mm.

DSCF0714-Editbw.jpg

The last couple of days I have been going to the Brighton Music Hall right next to the beach, finding it great for just chilling right out while taking photos of some of the buskers. This is Sam who was singing today, taken with X-T2 + XF 18-55mm.

View attachment 159155
This one doesn't work for me. Sam in in the shadows, at low contrast, and my eye is pulled to the "Live Music Daily" sign.
"

View attachment 159155
This one doesn't work for me. Sam in in the shadows, at low contrast, and my eye is pulled to the "Live Music Daily" sign.
"

Thank you. Sam was standing under a big umbrella, hence why the shade.

Last edited:

View attachment 159155
"

@otherprof this is what it is like for taking photos of the singers. All I`ve done is brighten it up, shows what anyone would be up against but I only take them and send them to the singers.

DSCF0708.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0708.jpg
    DSCF0708.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 116

View attachment 159155
"

@otherprof this is what it is like for taking photos of the singers. All I`ve done is brighten it up, shows what anyone would be up against but I only take them and send them to the singers.

View attachment 159169
I know the problem, and I have a couple of band shots that I keep coming back to hoping to be able to fix them, but with my very limited processing skills I will probably never succeed. By the way, I like this one very much - the one you posted as an example of what the conditions were.

View attachment 159155
"

Thank you. Sam was standing under a big umbrella, hence why the shade.

yup, I run into that more and more, shooting street. I recently bought a nifty flash modifier to place on my nissin i40. It looks a little stupid but works very well. I'll expose manually for the bright area, using TTL, pop the subject with soft fill. Really makes a difference but really isn't practical for street in general.

that little pop up flash works good too if size is an issue. I usually have that on shooting street as opposed to the i40.

Here is a crop from the shot.

DSCF0714.jpg

It is so tricky to get a nice shot as both sides can be very busy with folk in the way so sometimes I have to go in close.

Most reactions

Back