Sami

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got talked into doing senior Photos for my young cousin. Here is a couple. Thoughts?

2016-10-29_07-37-27.jpg

2016-10-29_07-37-31.jpg

2016-10-29_07-36-55.jpg

2016-10-29_07-36-49.jpg

Beautiful set, particulary the B&W :encouragement::encouragement:

Very nice lighting and exposure, but I can't help thinking both would have been been better in portrait aspect. At the very least crop a good chunk off the LH side of #1 to move her away from center.

As usual, I am going to have to disagree about the lighting...and it may be that the lighting/exposure is okay and the processing is too harsh. Hard to tell with an image this small but my feeling is with high school seniors, except the sports guys who want more of a "grunge down in the middle of the scrum," look they should be a bit softer, This is especially important when shooting young ladies. Soft skin tones sans blemishes, etc is what the girls want. Soft boxes, scrims, reflectors, anything and everything that will make them stand out above the rest. The pose is okay though I agree with Tirediron about the crop. Just a thought.

As usual, I am going to have to disagree about the lighting...and it may be that the lighting/exposure is okay and the processing is too harsh. Hard to tell with an image this small but my feeling is with high school seniors, except the sports guys who want more of a "grunge down in the middle of the scrum," look they should be a bit softer, This is especially important when shooting young ladies. Soft skin tones sans blemishes, etc is what the girls want. Soft boxes, scrims, reflectors, anything and everything that will make them stand out above the rest. The pose is okay though I agree with Tirediron about the crop. Just a thought.

Makes sense. I don't usually do this or any imaging for people so I usually just process as I always do. This was all natural light as I don't have a reliable lighting setup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back